Late model seats in a G body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Has any one here either tried, or successfully installed a seat from a late model car into a G body? There aren't a lot of parts cars to get original G body buckets from here in Frenchy ville (Quebec), and I don't think I have the budget for a set of quality aftermarket seats. I asked how much it is for seats at a wrecker and was told that it's $50 a seat from any vehicle, so I'm thinking of going that route. Has any one attempted this?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I am using '93 Firebird seats. I have found GM is very good with matching seat bolt patterns among cars. So I placed the '93 seats upon a '95 Buick LeSabre six-way power seat base, an easy job. I had to make new floor holes for the base but no biggie.
PC080310-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
I am using '93 Firebird seats. I have found GM is very good with matching seat bolt patterns among cars. So I placed the '93 seats upon a '95 Buick LeSabre six-way power seat base, an easy job. I had to make new floor holes for the base but no biggie.
PC080310-1.jpg

I really like the way those seats look! I am going to have to look for some of those I would go without the headrest for mine!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I was actually going to suggest Fbody seats. They seem to fit pretty well. Friend is rocking some 98-03 firebird seats in his elco with a gbody console. They are really comfy with some side bolster unlike the factory buckets in my car.

Dngrous

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2016
Any suggestions for rear buckets in a 4dr car? I'm thinking fiberglassed center console between the rear seats to mount speakers and amps on.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I think the most comfortable seats I ever sat in were in my Dad's '95 Saturn coupe. I drove non-stop from Pittsburg to NYC and I had no saddle sores. In fact I was astounded at how well I felt after 8 straight hours.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would look for another GM seat and try to find one that either matches your interior or matches the way you want the interior to look.
I bought aftermarket seats from Cerullo and made brackets for both seats to fit GM Gbody power units and I also bought enough extra material to make my door panels, headliner and cover my rear seat and visors. I originally had light gray interior with 60/40 seats.

Reactions: 2 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
A seat that I haven't tried in a g body but have in my 97 Monte(w body) are 05 Monte Carlo seats. Were the same seat 00-05. Very comfortable seats and they're sized right for a g body and easy to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor