LED Bulb Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowhead

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2007
OK Led bulbs run at a different resistance... Your Typical Bulb runs a higher resistance and the resistance causes it to pull more amps.. When the bulb pulls a certain amount of amps thru the flasher unit.. The Flasher unit is like a automatic circuit breaker and it opens and closes with the heat thats created from the amps being pulled thru it.. When you Run an LED Bulb your not pulling the amps to trip the flasher to flash the bulb Thus having a problem like one bulb is brunt out in your car either no flash or super fast flash.. So when you Install an LED Bulb in a Standard Filament type bulb space your not drawing what that system is designed to draw so it WILL Not work.. If you go the VLED Website I believe its V-LEDs.com you can Buy a Resistor package from them they offer a 6ohm and a 3ohm and you run the resistor from your Turn Signal + wire to the Ground wire and Boom you got working lights... I would Email them or look on their site to determine what OHM you need and I think they were about 10$ for a Pair.. I have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from them and they are a great company to work with and The product is far Superior to any other LED bulb out there..

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
85Cowhead said:
OK Led bulbs run at a different resistance... Your Typical Bulb runs a higher resistance and the resistance causes it to pull more amps.. When the bulb pulls a certain amount of amps thru the flasher unit.. The Flasher unit is like a automatic circuit breaker and it opens and closes with the heat thats created from the amps being pulled thru it.. When you Run an LED Bulb your not pulling the amps to trip the flasher to flash the bulb Thus having a problem like one bulb is brunt out in your car either no flash or super fast flash.. So when you Install an LED Bulb in a Standard Filament type bulb space your not drawing what that system is designed to draw so it WILL Not work.. If you go the VLED Website I believe its V-LEDs.com you can Buy a Resistor package from them they offer a 6ohm and a 3ohm and you run the resistor from your Turn Signal + wire to the Ground wire and Boom you got working lights... I would Email them or look on their site to determine what OHM you need and I think they were about 10$ for a Pair.. I have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from them and they are a great company to work with and The product is far Superior to any other LED bulb out there..

Don't most these LED bulbs already have resistors built into them?

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
DeltaDevil88 said:
kingcolbert83 said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingcolbert83?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/-PXtHKY6w-k

You ever fix the issue?

No not really. They would work with the lights off but wouldnt work with them on. I just replaced one flasher so they can blink faster and took the led bulbs out the front. I will just be running the led sequential lights in the rear. I am thinking about buying the led strips, mounting them around the bumper light, and tying them into my existing lights so they light up with the parking lights and blink with the blinkers.

Cowhead

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2007
Most Bulbs DO NOT have a resistor built in becuase they do get very hot... In Fact I dont know of any that do have a resistor built in but you can check with an Ohm Meter...

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
At this point going that far to put a resistor inline isnt that serious. Maybe down the line I will try them out again .

Cowhead

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2007
Well it doesnt take much time and all you need to do is test the OHMS with a Voltmeter and see how they compare... and the resistors are not expensive and they only take 5 min to install so its not like your going to be out alot of time and money for putting them in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor