LED Bulb Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I got my LED bulbs in today. They seem pretty bright outside of the housing. They will be installed up front because I am going with the sequential lights for the rear. My questions is do I need to get a flasher because the turn signal isnt working. It blinks but is not like on and off. I assume that if its not blinking in the rear then its not going to blink in the front either. If I need a flasher where do I put it and does any modifications need to be made to anything?

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
TTT. I am stepping out a little later and would like to get anything I need while I am out. Just checking to see if anybody had any options or answers

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
make sure the LED lights are replacements for 1157s. I just bought some off of ebay and they kinda sucked. I twisted them in but they did not light up for some reason. If I wiggled them in the sockets they worked, kinda. I put the original bulbs back in and the old bulbs work fine. I THINK there is problem with the LED lights not being quite the right size.

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
Good timing on the post I'm actually about to replace my license plate light and side opera lights (think that's what they are called :idea: ) with white LEDS I'm not sure but think the size is a 194.

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
84elko said:
DeltaDevil88 said:
Good timing on the post I'm actually about to replace my license plate light and side opera lights (think that's what they are called :idea: ) with white LEDS I'm not sure but think the size is a 194.

license plat lights are easy. i have them in mine for awhile now i also have my interior all with leds and all work fine just. if your gonna use them as a flasher you need a hd speical led flasher that is sold almost everywhere.

A flasher for like turn signal LEDS's??? im keeping the stock turn signals just changing my whites

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
anthonychacon80 said:
make sure the LED lights are replacements for 1157s. I just bought some off of ebay and they kinda sucked. I twisted them in but they did not light up for some reason. If I wiggled them in the sockets they worked, kinda. I put the original bulbs back in and the old bulbs work fine. I THINK there is problem with the LED lights not being quite the right size.

I stuck them in the back and they do the same thing. They are the replacement bulbs. I will be using them for the front though. Going with sequential tail lights for the rear. If you look in my build thread you will see what they look like. I also have some videos posted on youtube.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
DeltaDevil88 said:
84elko said:
DeltaDevil88 said:

license plat lights are easy. i have them in mine for awhile now i also have my interior all with leds and all work fine just. if your gonna use them as a flasher you need a hd speical led flasher that is sold almost everywhere.

A flasher for like turn signal LEDS's??? im keeping the stock turn signals just changing my whites

The flasher is needed for the turn signal LED to work. I am about to go pick one up. Hopefully I get the right one. Where is the flasher located on g bodies anyway?

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
Note: he 19 LED lights are not bright enough for the backup lights. I tried them, they were hardly noticeable in daylight. I tried some 19LED yellow 1157s in the front and like I said they would not "flash" like the 1157a actualy bulb. They flash on and off, but when the headlights are ON they do not go between "sorta on" and "bright on" like they are supposed to. I ended up just using the bulbs and they are 3x as bright as the LED.

I left the 3LED side marker lights on, which seem to be about as bright as the single 194 bulbs.

I recently bought the 38LED 1157s and they show some promise, but I have not installed them side by side with some bulbs. :D

ALso, I replaced my Flasher, the steering wheel wire loom, AND the light control switch before finally checking all the bulbs. If the bulbs are not all working you are wasting your time with chasing down a demon that you wont find in all the other components.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
anthonychacon80 said:
Note: he 19 LED lights are not bright enough for the backup lights. I tried them, they were hardly noticeable in daylight. I tried some 19LED yellow 1157s in the front and like I said they would not "flash" like the 1157a actualy bulb. They flash on and off, but when the headlights are ON they do not go between "sorta on" and "bright on" like they are supposed to. I ended up just using the bulbs and they are 3x as bright as the LED.

I left the 3LED side marker lights on, which seem to be about as bright as the single 194 bulbs.

I recently bought the 38LED 1157s and they show some promise, but I have not installed them side by side with some bulbs. :D

ALso, I replaced my Flasher, the steering wheel wire loom, AND the light control switch before finally checking all the bulbs. If the bulbs are not all working you are wasting your time with chasing down a demon that you wont find in all the other components.

The bulbs LEDs I bought have 63 leds i think...60 something. They arent worth the trouble imo. If you put them in one way so that the bulb is able to lock in, all the leds dont light up. If you switch the bulb around all the leds are bright as a **** but it wont lock. I had to wrap some electrical tape around it and force fit it so it would stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor