LED Dome Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Probably the most boring & simple how-to's but one of the better things I have done.

I swapped the trunk light out on my 2+2 yesterday and remembered I had some left over and how good they are.

Of the 4 g bodies I have owned, every one has a partially melted dome light lens. The incandescent 561 bulb gets too hot in the enclosed space and burns out quickly along with putting out minimal light.

I bought this set of 4 on Amazon a few years ago. They are a lot brighter, direct fit, and stay cool.

If your dome light is burnt out I recommend skipping the incandescent replacement and going with one of these.

1599756329757.png

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Moved to interior. Also heres the direct link, affiliate disclaimer* applies:

(basically you click that link, buy some stuff at AMZ I get a tiny % cut of it... )

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Moved to interior. Also heres the direct link, affiliate disclaimer* applies:

(basically you click that link, buy some stuff at AMZ I get a tiny % cut of it... )

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I installed mine in the Cutlass dome light last night-WOW. Different color (whiter) but 5-10x brighter. Gonna put two of them in our '97 4Runner too.

Reactions: 1 users

MontesbyE

Greasemonkey
Sep 12, 2020
North Carolina
Probably the most boring & simple how-to's but one of the better things I have done.

I swapped the trunk light out on my 2+2 yesterday and remembered I had some left over and how good they are.

Of the 4 g bodies I have owned, every one has a partially melted dome light lens. The incandescent 561 bulb gets too hot in the enclosed space and burns out quickly along with putting out minimal light.

I bought this set of 4 on Amazon a few years ago. They are a lot brighter, direct fit, and stay cool.

If your dome light is burnt out I recommend skipping the incandescent replacement and going with one of these.

View attachment 156847
A must do, as stated. I have switched every bulb in my Monte to Led. Brighter less heat. and less draw on the electrical system. 💪💪

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
great thing with the LED os they don't draw very much power so leaving the doors open for whatever reason doesn't kill the battery. For exterior lights I was behind an F150 that was pulling a small u-haul trailer. The F150 had the incandescent bulbs and the trailer had LED's. I was shocked at the how much quicker the trailer brake lights went on compared to the F150 brake lights.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I converted my dome light and third brake light to LED a few years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor