Led in dash cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
I've swapped every single bulb in my Malibu to led. Some work some won't. I purchased some from superbright leds. I didn't buy the dimmable sockets because I wasnt worried about having my dash dimmable... leds use a lot less power and last a lot longer than standard halogen bulbs. Not to mention pretty much 0 heat is given off from the leds
View attachment 62678
View attachment 62679
I've swapped every single bulb in my Malibu to led. Some work some won't. I purchased some from superbright leds. I didn't buy the dimmable sockets because I wasnt worried about having my dash dimmable... leds use a lot less power and last a lot longer than standard halogen bulbs. Not to mention pretty much 0 heat is given off from the leds
View attachment 62678
View attachment 62679
how many bulbs total do I need?

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
IMG_1519.PNG
These ones didn't work ?
And does the year of your car matter

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
No those do not work or at least didn't in my cluster. They do work in my corner markers, but would also not work as my license plate light.

I have used those exact bulbs in about 5 different cars but they would not light in my dash. The ones I posted in the earlier post work like a charm.
THanks plus it will save me money
What year is your car ?

Reactions: 1 user

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
These the right ones
My car is a 1980 Malibu... also my grandpa had done the led upgrade on his Monte Carlo 1984 and they worked as well. I forgot Those ones that I originally posted were not as bright as I wanted my cluster.

The ones I ended up going with were 194-whp6.
They are more expensive but if you want bright and white those are the ones I would go with. Keep in mind it might seem like a lot $6.95 per bulb but you will never have to replace them ever again.

The original ones I posted I used for my turn signals, high beam, engine light, batt light Ect... they are brighter than factory still but I wanted a very bright white dash. It's not too bright to stand either

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor