Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
IMG_1526.PNG
So these are the right ones
My car is a 1980 Malibu... also my grandpa had done the led upgrade on his Monte Carlo 1984 and they worked as well. I forgot Those ones that I originally posted were not as bright as I wanted my cluster.

The ones I ended up going with were 194-whp6.
They are more expensive but if you want bright and white those are the ones I would go with. Keep in mind it might seem like a lot $6.95 per bulb but you will never have to replace them ever again.

The original ones I posted I used for my turn signals, high beam, engine light, batt light Ect... they are brighter than factory still but I wanted a very bright white dash. It's not too bright to stand either
the

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
My car is a 1980 Malibu... also my grandpa had done the led upgrade on his Monte Carlo 1984 and they worked as well. I forgot Those ones that I originally posted were not as bright as I wanted my cluster.

The ones I ended up going with were 194-whp6.
They are more expensive but if you want bright and white those are the ones I would go with. Keep in mind it might seem like a lot $6.95 per bulb but you will never have to replace them ever again.

The original ones I posted I used for my turn signals, high beam, engine light, batt light Ect... they are brighter than factory still but I wanted a very bright white dash. It's not too bright to stand either
Should I keep the factory bulbs for the blinkers ?do the led blink

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
Yes they blink if they are on a blinking circuit . Benefits of leds are less heat, brighter, longevity and if color is a preference I personally like the look of the white.

What I did was buy the $6.95 ones for the back lighting (6 bulbs) and buy the .99 cent ones for the turn signals, brights, batt, engine Ect that's what I did. I just wanted the least amount of heat and never wanted to tear the dash out again to replace a burnt out bulb that's why I went with all led.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
For
Yes they blink if they are on a blinking circuit . Benefits of leds are less heat, brighter, longevity and if color is a preference I personally like the look of the white.

What I did was buy the $6.95 ones for the back lighting (6 bulbs) and buy the .99 cent ones for the turn signals, brights, batt, engine Ect that's what I did. I just wanted the least amount of heat and never wanted to tear the dash out again to replace a burnt out bulb that's why I went with all led.
beam angle for the 99 cent one which one do I choose 90 or 180?

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio

For

beam angle for the 99 cent one which one do I choose 90 or 180?
always choose the largest beam angle. That means the light is projected in that direction. Example 90 beam angle will be a more direct beam of light than a 180which will be more of a well rounded light projection

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans

always choose the largest beam angle. That means the light is projected in that direction. Example 90 beam angle will be a more direct beam of light than a 180which will be more of a well rounded light projection
So I should do 180?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor