Lets Discuss Winter Storage in Less Than Ideal Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
They are crazy expensive here too. I looked into getting one, for a 10x20, $200-250 a month is about average. I quickly ruled out that option. For comparison, I can rent a nice duplex that comes with a garage for about $800 a month.

Holy schmoly batman, that's outrageous. My son stores two cars every winter for $30 a piece/month - non heated warehouse. He can get at them for the entire season.

Nov 4, 2012
Holy schmoly batman, that's outrageous. My son stores two cars every winter for $30 a piece/month - non heated warehouse. He can get at them for the entire season.

Yeah they are absolutely rediculous or I would've had one a long time ago. My uncle rents a 5x10 non-heated storage locker to store ammunition and he pays $100 a month for it.

Darcane

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2018
Buckley, WA
Several years ago, I had to park my classic truck outside so my wife could put her daily driver in the garage. She felt bad about it, and got me a really nice cover made specifically for my model of truck. If fit snugly and was tied in place. The wind blew it around and eventually rubbed the clear coat off the hood and roof. I'd have been better off leaving it uncovered.

She's now an ex, and the truck is in the garage.

It's wet here in Washington. Any cars that sit outside get a Dri-Z-Air.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
If you plan to use a tarp etc you must use a tight fitting breathable cover or similar(even a new cotton sheet or soft dropcloth) next to the paint so that whatever you use will not rub the paint.

I have been told by people that a tarp will abrade the paint due to wind movement so you need a buffer cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor