Not open for further replies.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Re: Let's see who knows their Chevys. "305 vs Chevy 307" whi

LOL!

Question was:

Lets see who knows their Chevy's... The Chevy 305 vs the Chevy 307, which is the better motor? 

All I did was answer. :wink:

Those engines are what they are and I posted what I know about them from research and experience. I've owned a number of 305's and am old enough to have driven/wrenched on Chevy 307's... not really a motor worth wasting money/time on if you don't need to... The Chevy 307 isn't that common anymore, so why bother unless you have one that needs a home. Sure, it has some potentials, but the same amount of money could be spent on a Chevy 350 or even a 400 SBC, and result in a more impressive engine for the same money. The 305 is pretty common still... Chevy produced about 100 times as many 305's as Chevy 307's, so in that respect... plentiful equals cheap or even free. Roughly 27 years of 305 production vs 6 years for the Chevy 307... Many years of development and use offers up a lot of stock pieces that can improve a 305 for little cost, including 305 specific Vortec heads that can be cleaned up nicely with very minimal work/cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor