Lets see your El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elky 83

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Sure are some nice elkys here. When I figure out how to post some pics, I'll add mine.
Mike

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Elky 83 ive seen yours in member pics and i absolutley love it. The color scheme is awesome and so is the interior, espically the REAL woodgrain ( looks real at least ) not too fond of the dash cover thing though. Possibly my favorite ride ive seen on here. :notworthy: One of these days ( prolly spring ) ill get some pics of my cutlass up.

Elky 83

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Yes the wood is real and I made it myself. Its curly birdeye maple. And for the dash cover. My dash is original in near perfect condition and I would like to keep it that way. Down here in Texas the sun is brutal on dashes. The cover shields it from the sun and was made for elkys. It just sits there on top and can be removed at anytime. But now that you mention it, I think I will remove it if I ever decide to take anymore pics. Anyway thanks for the compliments and constructive advise.
Mike

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
84elko said:
here is my 84

Gawd Damn bro. Now that's what I call clean. Interior wrapped in tweed :O I didn't know it turns out so nice. I opted to have mine wrapped in black vinyl for a leather look, I only hope it turns out as nice as yours. Good job.

Also all the elco's in this thread are awesome, I love threads like this. Why are there no "thumbs up" smilies by the way? :notworthy:

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
Here's my 80 ss
DSCN0514%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCN0517%20%28Large%29.JPG

Stroker engine
385%282%29.jpg

Interior
DSCN0510%20%28Large%29.JPG

Side
DSCN0513%20%28Large%29.JPG

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
REAL NICE PHOTOS DEDUB!!! (i can't seem to post any pictures of that size ans clarity. By the way as much as I like my fiberglass cowl , I'm diggin that metal cowl with the air box set-up. Clean in and out , all around. One day, one day.......

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
Don't kid yourself, your 80ss is just as good looking. I like the Cajun sign in the background too, perfect for New Orleans.
nawlins-tim said:
REAL NICE PHOTOS DEDUB!!! (i can't seem to post any pictures of that size ans clarity. By the way as much as I like my fiberglass cowl , I'm diggin that metal cowl with the air box set-up. Clean in and out , all around. One day, one day.......

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
In those photos I had 15 x8 rims with a 4.25" backspace. Two weeks ago I bought two new rear Caragar rims. I now have 15x10 with a 3.75" backspace. So what I did was pull the wheel away from the rear frame rail .5" and put a 2" wider rim all together. It dramatically changed the look of the car! I need to put some new photos of how it sits because it looks great! The same tires went on the new 15x10's, they are 275-60-15. I took the old 15x8 rims and mounted my drag radials (275-50-15) for the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor