Lets see your garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
You guys have some nice garages. We just moved in out new house a couple months ago & this is where everything was stored for a while but I finally got around to cleaning it up. I got stuff stored everywhere above to maximize my space down below. The only thing I hate is that I have to walk outside to get to it... Here is a couple pics of my garage & my current project.

e9fbc28f.jpg

8b52dfbb.jpg

eb5c4b27.jpg

abc5716c.jpg

e088780a.jpg

95744c6f.jpg

34f00dce.jpg

a858ba3d.jpg

e9fa2baa.jpg

ce2ba362.jpg

69d8ff32.jpg

f43133d5.jpg

cbc1615d.jpg

006318d2.jpg

1b18a05c.jpg

bdfc24a1.jpg

f66fa0bb.jpg

e14d989f.jpg

330806c5.jpg

8ced3d19.jpg

37a64dd4.jpg

31f2a58c.jpg

382ea168.jpg

91fec3e1.jpg

9a98e6f4.jpg

smoknum

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2007
old and new

Attachments

• 100_1456.JPG
    100_1456.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 799
  • 100_2269.JPG
    100_2269.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 807

trog

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2009
tampa, florida
my mess
81671b56.jpg

c020daf5.jpg

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
Another fun Sunday spent working on my Garage-Mahal. ; )

Thankfully a cool front blew in. Was low 90's yesterday, and today was low 70's. What a difference 24-hours can make! Feels like March again...thankfully.

One of the guys from my local car club gave me a set of HEAVY steel shelves from his work. Really nice! I put them up between the carport and the house. Was another Erector set, had to put them together and then level them on the rocks there, and then drilled into the masonry and anchored them to the bricks on the side of the house.

I'm tickled with how it came out, and now I have a ton of outside storage for working on the toys.

Putting up the shelves made me want to turn that area there into more than just a place to store the cars in the shade. I think once I start tearing into the 67 GTO that I'll be doing a lot of work in the side yard, both for light and for fresh air, so I got a bunch of old wood and put together a work bench.

I'd had a ladder and my trailer ramps hanging just outside the door into the garage, and I took them down and re-hung them on the fence between my yard and my neighbors yard.

I put my somewhat-rough looking bench (I'm not a good carpenter) there outside the door into the garage. I mounted it to the fence itself with about 30 deck screws, and it's going nowhere! It may not look wonderful, but it's great to have an outside work bench there.

I'm fired up now! I want to run some Romex out there for power and get some PVC lines and run air out there from my garage compressor for tools. Dad said I should also mount two ceiling fans with lights under the carport. As money and time allows I may tackle that.

Then I need a full car lift. Ahahahahahahaha! :twisted:

Such fun! Here's some pics from today's work:

CarportFun3-27001.jpg

CarportFun3-27002.jpg

CarportFun3-27004.jpg

CarportFun3-27006.jpg

CarportFun3-27007.jpg

And off-topic but the day ended well. Dad and I went for a good 2-hour motorcycle ride. We'd planned to go riding out in the hill country to the west of town, but since I puttered around the carport all day it was 5pm when I got done, and that only left us about three hours of light.

On a whim I walked past the '96 Magna and backed the old '82 Seca 750 out of the garage. Will all my projects both at home and at work, I'd not ridden the Seca more than around the block since last fall. It's such a good old bike. Set the choke, prime the carb, and she fired right up. Big bikes are nice but there is something to be said for little light bikes that you can toss around and goof off on. I still like that old toy!

CarportFun3-27008.jpg

CarportFun3-27009.jpg

I rode in jeans and a t-shirt, and my stupid "brain-bucket" Bandito helmet, but Dad showed up in full gear, with his armour'd jacket and fancy helmet. Dad is a "serious" rider. Ha! Man he had his RoadStar 1600 shined up. It was blinding. He's added more chrome trim, and I ribbed him hard, he even put a chrome oil filter on it. Nice Dad....Nice. Ha!

CarportFun3-27010.jpg

CarportFun3-27011.jpg

CarportFun3-27012.jpg

We rode out though the farmland to Lake Grainger, and then came back through Taylor. I stopped and looked at that blue 50K 95 Roady Sedan in the light. I still like it, but am also pretty sure the front bumper and hood were replaced or re-painted. Would want to run a Carfax on it for sure...but man it's a clean car!

Finished the evening but riding back to Austin and meeting my wife and kiddo's at Chuy's Tex-Mex for dinner. I'm now full of fajitas and creamy jalapeno dip.....NICE end to the weekend!

Hope you all had a good weekend! Sorry for rambling again! I sure am jealous of all the folks that got to go to Florida Wagonfest. Been droolling on the pics.

Night all!

-Mike

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I've been working on this garage for 4 years now. It seems like any time I have to work on anything, it's the garage, or another cabinet, or shelf, or rack. Oh well some day I'll get back to car projects....someone call me a waaaaaambulance! :mrgreen:
30 years of stuff has this space getting crowded and I have started invading the loft in my wife's 12x20 shed for storage...DO NOT TELL HER THAT!!! :lol:

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

UPSTAIRS WOODSHOP
CIMG0081-1.jpg

CIMG0359.jpg

CIMG0349.jpg

DSCF1683.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor