Local color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
So, wife had a continuing education/career development seminar today, oldest daughter was spending the day with that boy, and it looked like it was going to be a nice day.

Youngest daughter and I decided to take a little "no destination" cruise in the ol wagon and headed east on old 66. We had a detour along the way, which turned out to be a happy coincidence. Not really visible from the highway, we spotted this

csXW5W.jpg

Of course, this required further investigation...

2K7FvR.jpg

Found this cool old dealership in an older part of the town. near the RR tracks, off the beaten path, IMO. Currently in use, it appears, as offices for a local oil company.

pWN3Jp.jpg
0zILEa.jpg

Then as we headed back to 66, there was this cool old building, with a tri-five inside.

c85pdg.jpg

All this goodness can be found in Bristow, OK. I love it when these old buildings are saved and repurposed without losing all their character.

The pics are a lot bigger, but I tried to keep the size down for posting, some of us (me included) have slower machines and connections

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor