Local junkyard **Updated 6-18-11**

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrodoldsman

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010
Re: Local junkyard

Blazenlotus said:
Also does anybody know what year I need to look for the jeep steering shafts? And what other parts should I look out for?
I would love to know this too! like specific year and model info. :? I am dredding buying the wrong part :x

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

hotrodoldsman said:
Blazenlotus said:
Also does anybody know what year I need to look for the jeep steering shafts? And what other parts should I look out for?
I would love to know this too! like specific year and model info. :? I am dredding buying the wrong part :x
its a mid 90s jeep cherokee. and it should have NICAM or something like that stamped on it. the search feature is your friend.

hotrodoldsman

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010

beermonkey9417 said:
hotrodoldsman said:
Blazenlotus said:
its a mid 90s jeep cherokee. and it should have NICAM or something like that stamped on it. the search feature is your friend.
Thats about as specific as I ever find... like I said...would be nice to know specific year range and model(grand or box cherokee?)

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
They had a few different jeeps out there but couldnt find a year on any of them. Here is a picture of one of them

350.jpg

hotrodoldsman

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010
Blazenlotus said:
They had a few different jeeps out there but couldnt find a year on any of them. Here is a picture of one of them

350.jpg
Thats a good example of what I mean, theres a mid 90s jeep... but its a 95-98ish grand cherokee, is that the right one? I don't know. :? :blam:

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
Should anybody happen to see anything they need let me know going again next weekend if the weather allows it.

bkb97

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2011
silver back tach or silver ( white ) needle amp/temp /oil gauge cluster rear bumper fillers 78-79 grand prix thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blazenlotus said:
Will the licenses plate bucket from the wagon fit on an el Camino?
==========================================================================================================
Yeah, it's the same part. BTW, that yard looks like it's chock full of good parts. Looks like a lot of wagon goodies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
hotrodoldsman said:
Blazenlotus said:

350.jpg
Thats a good example of what I mean, theres a mid 90s jeep... but its a 95-98ish grand cherokee, is that the right one? I don't know. :? :blam:
==========================================================================================================
Apparently, the Grand Cherokee shafts can be used, but the ends are aluminum. I got one from a regular Cherokee mid to later '90's. That's what I'd go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor