Long Time Lurker. Talk Me Off the Ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Thanks everyone for the advice. I've read all of your replies. The more I think about it, the conclusion I'm coming too is I have a unique (to me) build that can't be replicated for what I can sell it for. That's not factoring in the intangibles like It's my first car, or the time spent wrenching on it with my dad, car shows with him, etc. The car is great shape, only 85k miles, 10k of which was put on after the car was finished, so in many ways it's brand new car. It's always been garage kept, even by the original owner who we bought it from in 2004.

Here's some more photos of the work we did if anyone is interested: https://www.mroczek.photos/Archive/n-PcVXBR/Auto/Aerocoupe/Early-Years-Restoration/

Reading a lot of build threads and seeing the work that some of you do, I should be more appreciative of the fact that I have a car that is pretty much sorted. I keep having this vison of a few years in the future when the family can hop in the car to grab dinner or ice cream in the summer. Just like we used to do with my dad and his Chevelle... That's what keeps me holding on to it.

On that note.. Anyone in Southern New Jersey wanna hang out and chat G-Bodies?

Good choice. Now don't let her collect dust. Get out there and cruise!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I started taking trucks and cars apart just before the kids arrived. None of them are all the way back together. Maintain it. You can eat off family heirloom china, but most of the time it's buried in the cupboard. This family treasure can be passed down to your kids. Maybe start collecting the irreplaceable LT1 bits like a spare Optispark, or the bits to convert to E85 when the oil companies are beaten into submission.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Don't Be Like Me And Sell Your High School Car And Wished Later You Would Have Kept It. Mine was a '67 RS Camaro (327/powerglide) handed down to me from my Mom. I wrecked the front end after leaving a party one night, never fixed it and sold it for $200 almost a year later. (That was 40 years go) KEEP YOUR 2+2! You'll be glad you did 20 years from now. Especially with all the work and memories you have in it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor