Long Time Lurker. Talk Me Off the Ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmac35242

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2021
Birmingham, AL
#1...your first car in high school (irreplaceable)
#2...already added EFI and maybe OD (drivability)
#3...the C3 can be replaced easily so sell it now.
#4...do what with the money? buy a 4-door Camry??

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Looks like a nice build, being your car from HS and that much time/work into it you will likely regret selling it, to some degree, IMO. Not as family friendly as a 4 door maybe but g-body coupes are large enough that the back seat is fairly spacious.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Looks like a nice build, being your car from HS and that much time/work into it you will likely regret selling it, to some degree, IMO. Not as family friendly as a 4 door maybe but g-body coupes are large enough that the back seat is fairly spacious.

I never did the 'I had a kid so I have to be boring now' thing. I don't get it. Never will.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Benwa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2020
Winslow Illinois
So I had this delema myself 10 years ago and sold my old high school truck after owning it for 15 years... I would keep them both if I could go back in time... build the garage!!!

Attachments

• 082811_1827[00].jpg
    082811_1827[00].jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 80

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Kids are small and can squish in anywhere.

Any kid that can't fit in the back seat of a gbody needs a serious diet and a trip to fat camp.

If it's a woman trying to get you to replace the car it's time to replace the woman.

Gbody is safer for a young kid in a car seat than a modern car - no airbag to hurt them and bash the seat, and, thicker metal against a side impact.

Large 2 door coupe is safer for adolescent kids - no windows to unroll, no doors to open. They can't get out unless you let them out, but, without the inherent risks of entrapment should a child lock malfunction in emergency. The coupe is designed for back seat access through the front, a 4 dr.... not so much.

First car is irreplaceable. You kept it this long for a reason.

It's a 2+2 clone. They're a niche taste market for authentic examples, a clone would be worth less than a true one anyways.

I'd guess that ought to be enough for now

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
At least 25years ago, it was much easier to find another old school project car, at lower prices and much better condition to find and build all over again after selling off a pride and joy you spend countless hours building.

Fast forward to today, it would take you much longer to find another depending on what you are looking for, and people nowadays want way too much that its actually worth and in a more rattier condition, but unless you've got very deep pockets, nothing would be out of reach but time.

mike86gp

n00b
Oct 7, 2021
Williamstown, New Jersey
Thanks everyone for the advice. I've read all of your replies. The more I think about it, the conclusion I'm coming too is I have a unique (to me) build that can't be replicated for what I can sell it for. That's not factoring in the intangibles like It's my first car, or the time spent wrenching on it with my dad, car shows with him, etc. The car is great shape, only 85k miles, 10k of which was put on after the car was finished, so in many ways it's brand new car. It's always been garage kept, even by the original owner who we bought it from in 2004.

Here's some more photos of the work we did if anyone is interested: https://www.mroczek.photos/Archive/n-PcVXBR/Auto/Aerocoupe/Early-Years-Restoration/

Reading a lot of build threads and seeing the work that some of you do, I should be more appreciative of the fact that I have a car that is pretty much sorted. I keep having this vison of a few years in the future when the family can hop in the car to grab dinner or ice cream in the summer. Just like we used to do with my dad and his Chevelle... That's what keeps me holding on to it.

On that note.. Anyone in Southern New Jersey wanna hang out and chat G-Bodies?

Reactions: 5 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Any vehicle that you can afford to keep and actually drive, I vote to keep.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You will never be able to replace it.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor