Longtime Olds Owner, First Time Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
Welcome! You're one of the few that buy their Oldsmobiles and DRIVE them til they don't...BRAVO!
It was the second Olds I fully used up, but only the first one I bought new. The other was the '72 Supreme (rolling parts car for my '71 4-4-2). It ended up giving up after 246,000 miles

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
Welcome from northern MN.
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't gotten to Northern Minnesota yet, but I see it in my future. I love exploring, especially while driving.

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
Greetings from dirty Jersey and welcome to the oldsmofamily
Clutch, I'm originally also a "dirty jersey" boy, and I'm here to report that New Jersey is a great state to be FROM! I moved out in 2011, paid over $11,000 in state "exit" tax, and I'll tell you it was money well spent. I basically had to divorce that dirty state. Thankfully it was a one-time payment and not continuing alimony payments, like the other blood sucking leach I was married to.

One thing that's been consistent through all of life has been my Oldmofamily loyalty.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Agreed - I love the sound of an Olds V8 and dual exhausts -- music to my ears
Mine too, loyal to the second gen Rocket V8.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It was the second Olds I fully used up, but only the first one I bought new. The other was the '72 Supreme (rolling parts car for my '71 4-4-2). It ended up giving up after 246,000 miles
This why I love Olds and their V8, superior durability. Brand "C" would have flat cams long before that mileage and the motor would be toast. We got about 300,000 miles out of our 75 when it was developing a knock and the front caliper seized on. The TH350 died, picked up a nice 76 for $50, parked for the same reason. We sold it to the wrecker and he sold it to someone who drove it another 5 years! My ex BIL was ditch driving at retarded speeds bagging the sh*t out of the 350 Rocket. He couldn't kill it like the sbc 350 in his Chevelle. Our 81 Delta 88 was the best $500 my parents ever spent. Just under 200,000 km and just needed a modulator for the TH250C. We bought off the original owner who parked it. A stack of Bill's in the glove box with purchase receipt in 82 and all just routine maintenance, tune ups etc with religious oil changes. That motor outlasted my use of the car which I used to 430,000 km. The 307 went over 450,000 km when the timing chain skipped. I still had acceptable oil pressure and compression and oil used half a liter of oil in 4000 km. I just replaced it with another runner in my 78 1/2 ton which ran better, more power and better mileage with the 2.76 gears than either sbc 350.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Clutch, I'm originally also a "dirty jersey" boy, and I'm here to report that New Jersey is a great state to be FROM! I moved out in 2011, paid over $11,000 in state "exit" tax, and I'll tell you it was money well spent. I basically had to divorce that dirty state. Thankfully it was a one-time payment and not continuing alimony payments, like the other blood sucking leach I was married to.

One thing that's been consistent through all of life has been my Oldmofamily loyalty.
Yup! You get it! Guys I like him already lol I can't afford to leave yet but I'm working on it and will! Congratulations to you for escaping The people's republic of New Jersey. The dictator keeps a tight grip on our wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor