Look what followed me home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I think 8485 is right about the car being a diesel in a previous life. I'd clean it up, get it running and rock that b*tch all day long! I actually like that color alot. As complete and straight as it appears, it'd be a shame to part that one out. Sell those Pontiac parts and it'll be a free car! If you don't really like it you could probably make some serious money selling it in Hermiston or Yakima.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I also agree on the Hydroboost, only diesels and turbo G-bodies had those. Nice pickup for $100 theres still alot of things you can salvage from the interior, metal trim, dash pieces, steering wheel etc.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Sleeper with flat black steelies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That thing is sweet! Love the color...

Definately a former diesel car. It should even say "Diesel Fuel Only" on the instrument cluster and gas door.

I wouldn't part that one out. I say either fix it and cruise it, or turn around and sell it and make some money.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
Blake442 said:
Definately a former diesel car. It should even say "Diesel Fuel Only" on the instrument cluster and gas door.

Actually I don't see any diesel markings on the car anywhere and the sticker under the hood says "4.9" so I'm guessing the car originally had a Pontiac 301. My '80 was a diesel and now has in it a Pontiac 301 that is busted so I'm familiar with all the diesel labeling everywhere.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I would definitely NOT part that car out. The body is in too good a shape. Clean it up, get it running nice and keep it...or resell it.

What's that bell housing off of?

mybigwarwagon

Apprentice
Apr 11, 2009
Oh I am jealous. I would drive that thing. If I had the cash i would come buy it from you like it sits.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
Longroof79 said:

I don't have a freakin clue I will have to check casting numbers on it to find out.

If I can get the cars title squared away I will more than likely just revive it to street service. Problem is it is one of those cars that has passed through several peoples hands and no one put the car in their freaking name! :roll: So I have the signed title from the last registered owner but it is released to someone else like 2 owners back. This kind of thing happens out here quite often with project cars and it can become a real pain getting it all squared away.

Also with it having been the project car of more than one person who knows what sort of havoc they have played with things trying to "fix" it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Longroof79 said:
Looks like early '60s SBC passenger car. Date code will be just to the side of the hole for the input bearing retainer. Should be something like D 17 2 (April 17th, 1962) for example.

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
Damn thats a clean car at least on the outside now the inside is another story but for $100 you couldnt go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor