lower door panel carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
where is a good place to buy the lower door panel carpet for a 1987 olds cutlass

You might have a hard time with this. ACC used to make "unbacked" carpet that didnt have the clear looking backing thats on it now. Last I was told they discontinued all colors of that except black. I wanted to use the same Dove Gray on my doors for my wagon and the guy in the shop that did my seats told me the stuff with the backing wont stay on the door panel no matter what glue you use. He said due to temp changes the carpet will eventually start to come off.
I used a product called Ozite. Comes in a ton of colors. No backing. Glues on without a lot of trouble. You just need to make a template and after trying a few different ways of cutting it I found a sharp scissor worked the best. Cant use a razor blade since the stuff stretches.
It doesnt look bad installed.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maybe ACC is still making it? Says arriving soon for some colors, some others are in stock. Many colors... $50.

And Raybuck sells it for $33.......hmmmm

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Maybe ACC is still making it? Says arriving soon for some colors, some others are in stock. Many colors... $50.

And Raybuck sells it for $33.......hmmmm

I would call to see if it has a backing before placing an order.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
When I bought extra yardage from Stock Interiors.com https://www.stockinteriors.com/ I had enough to do the rear cargo area and to do the lower door panels. It worked like a charm. It was fairly thin and easy to cut and trim. This stuff had backing which made it easy to glue on to the door panel.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor