Lowering springs rear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Nice.sounds good.i originally asked about the stock upper rubber isolating bushings because they do offer about 3/8" of hight gain but more of a slight ride quality than anything.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks looks like that is just what I need. And a lot less expensive than replacing my brand new springs.

if you put in new springs that were supposed to lower the car 2" and they didn't why are you not talking to the vendor

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
if you put in new springs that were supposed to lower the car 2" and they didn't why are you not talking to the vendor
When I bought the springs the car was torn apart and before it sat really high in rear. After it’s back together it appears with the 2”umi shocks in rear that it is about 3/4 or 1” lower measuring from floor to the wheel well. I really don’t want to spend $200 more dollars for 1” drop springs just going over my options. I think I am going to get drop spindles for the front and lower it 2” now as plans have changed and the spindles became available today.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When I bought the springs the car was torn apart and before it sat really high in rear. After it’s back together it appears with the 2”umi shocks in rear that it is about 3/4 or 1” lower measuring from floor to the wheel well. I really don’t want to spend $200 more dollars for 1” drop springs just going over my options. I think I am going to get drop spindles for the front and lower it 2” now as plans have changed and the spindles became available today.

I think you mean UMI springs and not shocks. I must have missed why you won't talk to UMI. They are a sponsor here and are very helpful

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
I think you mean UMI springs and not shocks. I must have missed why you won't talk to UMI. They are a sponsor here and are very helpful
Yes springs the reason for not talking with them is because it’s not there fault I ordered wrong springs. They did what they were supposed to do. The springs that is.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I thought you meant you bought 2" drop springs but the front only dropped an inch making the back 1" lower than the front. Did you not change all the springs?

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
I thought you meant you bought 2" drop springs but the front only dropped an inch making the back 1" lower than the front. Did you not change all the springs?
No I only put rears on the car. I just recently had a deal come through for the drop spindles for the front so I will go that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor