lowrider headliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjscutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2008
stow ohio
So I was in hobby lobby the other day and found some crushed velvet on clearance.. So I looked up how to glue it to my headliner.I found an article that a guy used elmers glue.. So I thought I would give it a shot.

Attachments

• 1393281328508.jpg
    1393281328508.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 684
  • 1393281441478.jpg
    1393281441478.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 791

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Don't put it back in the car for a while if you can. The first time I re-did my liner, I picked up some black cloth from Hobby Lobby. Due to a combination of the cloth being too heavy and the spray adhesive being too weak, it started sagging within 24 hours. Big bummer.
Anyway, just make sure the glue worked before you reinstall.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Did you check to see if the fabric was UV stable? I know most craft store fabric isn't so that's why I ask.
You'll find out soon enough if it starts fading and turning colors.

For glue you really need something like 3M Super 77 or better. It comes in a spray can and you coat both the board and the headliner. Let them dry and then roll the headliner down.

Nov 4, 2012
I used black headliner fabric from JoAnn Fabrics and some sort of contact cement from Home Depot. I didn't even take the board out. All I can remember is that it took several coats of the contact cement before it actually got any "tack" to it, and that the glue had an awful, solvent smell to it and the inside of my car still has a lingering odor of it, lol.

mjscutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2008
stow ohio
FE3X CLONE said:
Did you check to see if the fabric was UV stable? I know most craft store fabric isn't so that's why I ask.
You'll find out soon enough if it starts fading and turning colors.

For glue you really need something like 3M Super 77 or better. It comes in a spray can and you coat both the board and the headliner. Let them dry and then roll the headliner down.
Nope never checked it cared.. I just wanted the dust to stop but still have a headliner. If you don't have one the metal gets really hot and it's misserable to drive in summer...

I was tryin to do this the cheapest way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor