lq4 in 84 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

j17_mia

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2009
i wanna do a lq4 swap on my cutlass! has anybody ever done this swap before?? what do i need to make this a succesful swap?? btw, can a th350 bolt up to this motor??

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
On MalibuRacing.com there is a section called LSxTech. There is a bunch of good info and several write-ups of nothing but LSx swaps and info. There is also an EFI section so this is just LSx stuff. The LS - Malibu swap would be identical to a g-body swap.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
I dont believe a th350 will bolt up... I know a 700R4 will bolt up, minus one bolt. I had a 700R4 bolted to the LS-1 in my Camaro for a few weeks, before I decided to go T-56. I would recommend using the 4L60e, myself, as they are just as good and have the added feature of being electronically controlled... (Paddle shifters, anyone?) :D

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
There are several guys on LS1Tech.com that are running a TH350 and a TH400 on the LSx engines. It's not just a bolt up like a conventional engine though. Here's a FAQ page on LS1Tech.com that will answer some of your needed parts questions.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/automatic ... tions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor