• IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Make sure they are the right nuts. The weld wheels center compresses when you tighten it and I have gotten nuts that the shank was slightly too long and bottomed out on the hub before tightening the wheel

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Make sure they are the right nuts. The weld wheels center compresses when you tighten it and I have gotten nuts that the shank was slightly too long and bottomed out on the hub before tightening the wheel
Draglites seem to need to be retorqued a few times in a short period after initial install.

Reactions: 1 user

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
Draglites seem to need to be retorqued a few times in a short period after initial install.

Yeah, they were definitely correct nuts, measured the recess prior to installing, as well as using open ended nuts, I just don’t get the assurance with them, one time loosening was one too many for me to have to worry about, I don’t need to give this car any more possibilities of ending me one day 🤣

• Haha

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
Here’s the new gaskets, and all I can say is wow they’re awesome, should have no problem sealing things up for any imperfections,
Finished up the the lighting, I ended up using the original harness for the lights since it still had all the correct plugs/sockets/connections and just adapted it into my aftermarket body harness, needed to replace both flashers as well since our cars have a zillion light bulbs and the supplied ones looked like they were made by fisher price .
for those who didn’t see my other post, I ended up adapting a 08-12 dodge challenger spoiler/ducktail, i really like it especially for under $200, rear pic to follow, ls fans are also installed, i ended up being able to fit the entire bottom of the assembly in between the radiator tray and radiator with enough clearance to ensure it won’t go anywhere, and trimmed the top edge to sit more Flush against the radiator as well, the pigtails for them and the ceramic ignition wires come in Friday, and it’s take 2, I’ve also been getting a continuous iac code, but once the exhaust leak is fixed I can then make sure it’s not just due to that, fitech is notorious for having crap sensors out of the box, most likely going to replace it either way with an ac delco for peace of mind

The 102mm fitech ultimate ls iac motor interchange number to
ac delco is 88865048 or 217-3458

Attachments

• IMG_3024.jpeg
    IMG_3024.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3030.jpeg
    IMG_3030.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3019.jpeg
    IMG_3019.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Man, you're just knocking it out! You've got some excellent momentum going and keep checking things off the list. Way to go 👍

• Agree

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
Man, you're just knocking it out! You've got some excellent momentum going and keep checking things off the list. Way to go 👍
Thanks! Always nice to hear, especially after the first test drive, the little milestones mean the most, and even more now that it’s taking shape cosmetically also, I’ve been staring at a metal shell that was 6 different ugly colors for almost 2 years, now it’s just one ugly color 🤣 the last 5% and details is way more time consuming than the bulk of the build. Thankfully it’s finally getting warm out over here on the east coast making it more enjoyable to be outside and work on it, I can’t wait to cruise it and just keeping the big picture in mind, plus the multiple “thumbs up” ive gotten on the road in a week while the car is barely running is what it’s all about haha g body pride
👍🏻🤘🏻

Ps Green wires just a test light
And missing one headlight bucket for now, but atleast the intake is right behind it

Attachments

• IMG_3031.jpeg
    IMG_3031.jpeg
    896.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
I must have missed the part about the little hatch on the lid ???
i thought you meant lid on the hatch at first lol

It’s a fiberglass pin on deck lid, i didnt want to have to remove it to fill the fuel cell every time, I centered the hatch to the tank not the lid btw, it’s slightly offset 😁

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpeg
    IMG_2963.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
What is the rear tire to wheel size? Looks like in the pictures that the rim is too wide for the tread width.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor