ls tank in a ss question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
RO86SS said:
Cwpottenger.do you have your return coming from your regulator?I also heard that the corvette fuel filters would work also cause there is a return line on it.

yes mine comes off my regulator because I am running a Holley By-pass filter which returns the unused fuel and extra pressure to the tank, another requirement for stock pumps because if you just run a dead head regulator the pump is operating at a high back pressure which can also cause pump to fail early...

bigmandengo

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2010
RO86SS said:
Corvette filter.

The vette filter/regulator puts out 58psi. That is way too much for a carbed application. The Aeromotive 13301 regulator is a bypass style regulator and you can dial the pressure down to lower pressures for carb applications. Then when you swap to EFI you just have to swap the high pressure spring in and bam your good to go and you didnt have to buy another regulator.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
You can get a GN tank & sending unit/ fuel pump hanger from eBay motors vendors cheap. New nearly plug n play pump etc from http://WWW.racetronix.com look under pumps Buick GN good to 600HP. Return style fuel pressure regulator ie Mallory 4309 & inexpensive roll of aluminum fuel line from Jegs etc.

I mounted the fuel pressure regulator on the frame horn right behind the radiator & ran a short line from it to the carb with a fuel pressure guage between the regulator & the carb. There is a little Allen screw you turn on the regulator to adjust your pressure to the carb. As mentioned whatever fuel the regulator doesn't take for the carb flows on through & is returned to the tank. So you have a line from the tank plus the line to the carb plus one returning to the tank from the regulator. For a filter I got one off the shelf from the local auto parts store for an early 90s 350 tpi Camaro simple cheap in line I mounted near the tank before going to hard line. It's quiet safe reliable. When you switch to FI the line that ran to the regulator will have to run to the fuel rail. This fed my 509 powered 442 with my 800 cfm Q-jet no problems running 109 thru the 1/4 or during a 140 mph blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor