LS to SS Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
I have a 83 monte original v6 car already has a v8 swap, I have a complete nose off a SS, rear bumper cover, and rear spoiler, what else do I need, i plan on removing all the chrome trim around the car will I run into any problems?

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
monte.png

backkk.png

Heres pics you've been waiting to see!

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Youll need the pieces that go on the front fender that flare out to match the front bumper. Also make sure your taillights match up with the ss rear bumper, some have the bumper that meets flush with the taillight.

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
Rockstar said:
Youll need the pieces that go on the front fender that flare out to match the front bumper. Also make sure your taillights match up with the ss rear bumper, some have the bumper that meets flush with the taillight.

I have that piece i have the whole fender actually, I also plan on paint the 1/4 trim black. and the rear trunk.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Since you have an SC (not an LS), the fenders are the same as an SS - you just the the extensions as mentioned above. Be sure to get the honeycomb support for behind the front nose.

The 83-86 SS rear bumper/tail lights are the same as an 81-86 SC with blacked out trim. Are you using an 87/88 rear bumper cover (as pictured above), or the earler cover? If you are using the later style, you will also need the tail lights and tail light extensions. You will also need the little mounting pieces for the rear side marker lights if you are removing the chrome trim on your SC.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I have those lights from the rear quarter panel if anyone is looking for some. I only removed them cause i am doing flush mount LEDs in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor