LS2 4l65e dead.. rebuilt or go 4l80e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Thats what i was thinking. But how can you tell? Are there any markings on the converter as to check?

I also heard (not that I have any experience or knowledge) that same converter might stall at different speed on different engines.. notably bigblocks tend to stall the same converter at 300-600 rpm less than a small block.

You got that backwards. A big block will stall higher on the same converter than a small block. It is relative. I'd be inclined to thinking the 6.0 had a looser converter than an 8.1 or a Dmax. Know anyone with a 6.0 truck to experiment and see?

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
For anyone who doesn't know about these 4l80e banjo fittings for -6 AN hose you're missing out:

1603119913106.png

You can even get a compression/union fitting to go from a piece of AN hose to your cut factory trans cooler lines, which is how I have mine set up. Make sure to do research on which year 80e you have as the fittings change slightly.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor