Not open for further replies.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
I've seen a company offering this solution which allows you to bolt an LSA Supercharger on 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 LS Engines.

http://lsspeedshop.com/lsa-superchargers/

However, I feel you could far surpass that power output for much less money with a turbocharger. Check out sloppy mechanics, lots of good LS (turbo and non-turbo) information here.

https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/
The only problem I have with a turbo is my fabrication skills, and nobody around me is willing to do it. Secondly an engine builder told me anything under 900hp go with a supercharger and anything higher go turbo

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Here's a pic of our low mileage LSA blower. This is how it was pulled off the vehicle. No clean up. It came with the new isolator and lube. A blower on a truck makes more sense to me then a turbo. Instant low end torque and no turbo lag.

Looks new! Now port the snout and blower lol.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Early on I considered doing a take-off LSA blower on our TBSS. But, the overall conversion just looked like a nickel and dime nightmare when it came to piecing it together - and since the heads were off going to LS3/L92 castings wasn't a huge concern (other than the cost). Ultimately I decided to run what I had in the stock LS2 and minimize the fabricobbling of getting a car blower on a truck. Thus we jammed on a used $3500 D1SC Procharger which will support a great deal more power than the LSA blower.

The kicker here is I added a wastegate.

You mean BOV or bypass valve right?

No, a wastegate - to bleed of excessive pressure from putting a short diameter pulley on the blower. Thus, allowing me to spin the blower up faster and set the total desired pressure. When you can get a 5200+lb truck to do a 1.6 second 60 foot with a 2600 stall converter - it must be working. Plus the Procharger doesn't lay over on the big end like a positive displacement supercharger does - nor does it heat the crap out of the air. In a 3200lb car there is high-9 second potential in this 6.0L combo - the only internal mods being an LS9 cam, and some aftermarket springs and pushrods. No need for fancy rectangle port heads. Drives like stock.

My recommendation is to look for a used Procharger on one of the truck forums (if you are going to use a truck style FEAD), get a China WG, and pulley that b*tch down. I bet with lower compression and less load you can get this to 15+psi on stock cathedral port heads. Plus the Procharger whine is simply to die for.

And you can get everything you need to do an E85 conversion from Pace Performance in one easy kit. It is what we used to convert the TBSS.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor