Lsa Supercharger on 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I like your CTS-V. Nice set up. Base engine for the Avalanche is a low mileage LY6 with ported L92's, long tubes, and custom grind cam. The 100 hp I was referring to is an E85 specific tune which personally I am not excited about because according to my tuner you shouldn't run regular pump gas with it. When we have Dyno results I will post them.

Thank you. Why shouldn't you run pump gas? All LS motors are made to run on pump gas. As long as you have a flex fuel sensor it will be able to adjust accordingly. Now if its tuned for just e85 and no flex sensor, then yes i wouldn't run pump gas. DMS makes one of the best flex fuel sensors you can buy. I run DMS's flex fuel sensor and ID 1050X injectors and love it. I can drive the car anywhere and not have to worry about mapping out all the places with E85.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Bingo...and Jared is right again. Plan is to pull the anemic 5.3 and put in a low mileage Ly6 which already has the L92 heads. In my opinion, using those adapter plates is a cluster and for bigger cube engines L92's are a better head anyway. Cathedral port LS heads are a thing of the past.

For the small bore engines (5.3 & 4.8) I think the cathedral port heads are a better way to go with the higher velocity but totally agree on a 6.0 you can't beat those L92 heads. It's hard to believe they put such a great head on a stock mundane truck. My brother has them on the L96 in his 78 Z28. All those motors need is a cam and the normal mods to help them breath (CAI/exhaust) to really wake them up.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
All LS motors are made to run on pump gas. As long as you have a flex fuel sensor it will be able to adjust accordingly. Now if its tuned for just e85 and no flex sensor, then yes i wouldn't run pump gas. DMS makes one of the best flex fuel sensors you can buy. I run DMS's flex fuel sensor and ID 1050X injectors and love it. I can drive the car anywhere and not have to worry about mapping out all the places with E85.

The DMS sensor is a nice way to go...agreed. I am still working out compatibility details with using a gen III ECM to work with it and what programming is required. If it is too much hassle we will forget about it. Unlike Suburbans, Silverado's and Tahoes, the Avalanche was not E85 certified until 2006.

Reactions: 1 user

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
hows the hood clearance? thats my only concern as of now

I can't speak to the fitment, I just know they're pretty popular for those on a budget

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
The DMS sensor is a nice way to go...agreed. I am still working out compatibility details with using a gen III ECM to work with it and what programming is required. If it is too much hassle we will forget about it. Unlike Suburbans, Silverado's and Tahoes, the Avalanche was not E85 certified until 2006.

My CTS-V was not E85/Flex Fuel certified at all lol. None of them where. That's where that flex fuel sensor comes in. I think He makes a sensor for gen III's as well. You can call him and ask, and if he doesn't i bet he will make one. If you call, talk to Dave. Ill tell you one thing. Once you go to E85 will will never look back. One of the best things i have done to the car.

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
I thought going with a lsa supercharger on my 6.0 will be cheaper than a procharger kit but after talking to guys that did the swap and talking to some vendors that sell complete supercharger kits it cost about the same or maybe a little more..a complete lsa kit cost $5400 I can get a procharger kit for about the same. So the only real benefit is the different factor

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
A complete lsa kit cost $5400 I can get a procharger kit for about the same. So the only real benefit is the different factor

Hmmm. Your vendors don't know what they are talking out or they don't want you to know that you can buy take off LSA superchargers on E bay for $800...some for less. CTS-V pulleys, lid, fuel rail and everything else for less than $3,500. In contrast, a Maggie set up will cost $8K or more. The LSA route is by far the most economical if you're willing to use low mileage used parts. Spend some time reading about it on LS1tech.com

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
If you do the LSA blower, make sure its not high mileage with the spring isolator. All of the LSA supercharges have a recall. Lots of them where being replaced from the dealer since the spring iso was tearing them up. If you do get one, make sure to get the solid ioslator. LPE, Metco etc. Also when it comes to the lid the CTS-V lid is by far the cheapest but the ZL1 lid is more expensive but has a better intercooler brick, better cooling capacity and by far looks better. Good luck on what ever way you choose.

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
Hmmm. Your vendors don't know what they are talking out or they don't want you to know that you can buy take off LSA superchargers on E bay for $800...some for less. CTS-V pulleys, lid, fuel rail and everything else for less than $3,500. In contrast, a Maggie set up will cost $8K or more. The LSA route is by far the most economical if you're willing to use low mileage used parts. Spend some time reading about it on LS1tech.com
I looked over at lsa conversion at there stage 1 kit idk if I'll use everything that's on the kit or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor