LSx Swap Parts Database

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
I would say its safe to assume to adding the tensioner/damper is a good upgrade, expecially for boosted applications.
The tensioner is good for maintaining proper valvetrain events and cam timing (there is a sensor there tracking it for many purposes); the damper is only good for keeping the chain from becoming bungled and whipping itself off and into an early grave. In short: chain stretch bad.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Does anybody have the part# fir the windage tray that comes with the gm pan kit? I have the pan and pickup tube, but no tray. I've spent alot of time trying to locate the correct part#, searched different forums, etc with conflicting results. Any help is appreciated!

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well....i ended up answering my own question while on the quest to locate the correct windage tray for the GM LH8 oil pan. After reading many threads on LS1tech, i called the dealer and got the info i needed.

That being said, if anybody doing an LS swap has the hummer pan, but no windage tray, its readily available. I got mine from summit since i was ordering other stuff anyway. Attached is the part #, and the description clearly states the application. Hope this helps guys.
20170504_083234-png.65484

dotheshuffle

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
I've been looking for that myself. Good Info! Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B G-Body LS Swap 20
Winkernod G-Body LS Swap 27
E G-Body LS Swap 12
WelfareWagon G-Body LS Swap 5
C G-Body LS Swap 0