LSx Swap Parts Database

Apr 14, 2012
a buddy of mine had bought one from a guy in texas for a s10 lsx swap but wound up selling the s10 and most of the ls6 stuff and gave me the short block. :mrgreen: lucked out there!! plan on doing a t56 behind the ls though. how hard is it to find a set of pedals for these cars??

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
This is a great thread! How much (ballpark) do you guys normally spend on the LS conversion? This thread has me thinking :popcorn:

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
-83MONTESS- said:
This is a great thread! How much (ballpark) do you guys normally spend on the LS conversion? This thread has me thinking :popcorn:

Depends on what you have, where you're starting from. Do you have a decent transmission? Serviceable V8 radiator? Exhaust? Fuel pump? Can you fab little things and be creative or do you have to keep buying/paying for stuff?

I probably have between $2500-$3500 in mine.

The biggies for me were:
6 liter from wrecked Escalade $1300
Intake and MSD combo $700
headers/exhaust $550
carburetor $300
odds and ends, misc. etc $200

The funny thing was the motor mounts were only $69 - I figured they'd have to be custom and very expensive

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
It can be done on the SUPER cheap and I mean I have maybe 1500 including engine invested..... I had my friend make me the cheap motor plates.. 1 inch set back of course... you can make them yourself with a little bit of imagination and drilling... and fitting.. and more drilling.. and fitting.. and fitting and swearing!!

1.)Cheap junkyard SBC clam-shells CAR only.. truck shells are too big...(you need to trim about 1 inch off the passenger side to clear the AC mounting bosses on the block tho...

2.)I used the stock flywheel, I ovaled out the converter holes and used the $45 Hughes step bushing to mate the flexplate to the converter...

3.)I used a $40 2000 Z06 Camshaft which isn't a crazy TR 224 grind or other but its NOT $$400! and it should give me a modest bump over the stock stick..

4.)I scored a Cheap Cadillac CTS-V oil pan (However a stock truck pan will suffice) I just didn't feel comfortable.. to each his own tho..

5.)Stock 3 core radiator, with a 20734 Gates Lower hose and a trimmed down upper from a truck... I made my own coolant bypass pipe to give me provisions for the steam line as well as the mech. coolant temp gauge..

6.)Lincoln Mark VIII cooling fan which is 2 speed and flows almost 5000cfm..

7.)The most expensive parts were the intake $215 (my work discount) and the Msd 6010 (found it for $274 online shipped!) DO NOT BUY THE $700 EDELBROCK SETUP!!!! your wasting your money!!!

8.)I used stock truck accessories... use the smaller 105 amp alt... it will provide you with better clearance and what the hell it puts out 40 amps more than the shitty 60 amp GM unit from the 80s...

Also I used a stock cheap power steering pressure hose from a 307 Cutlass, Regal or whatever... it worked perfectly!!!

9.)If your going carb'd the best fuel pump IMO is the 1987 Monte carlo 4.3 pump... use it with a Caddy cts filter which has a built in return line and have the filter near the tank so your not running 60 miles of hose under your car!!! Run a good adjustable regulator, like a holley or Quickfuel... and set the b*st*rd at 6psi or whatever your carb calls for...

10.) Im running a driver side F-body exhaust manifold (clearance for miles!!) pass side is the truck.. i might grab a f-body as well.. I dunno I dont like how close it is to the frame..

11.) Autometer sells a fat brass metric-std adapter for your oil pressure gauge.. Cant remember the # of the top of my head tho...

537028_10150627316802190_704757189_9633156_353596560_n.jpg

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Yeah, don't be an idiot like me and buy the Edelbrock intake set - do it like Beeter...........wait, my motor fired the first time I turned the key :rofl: :lol:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
LS1GN said:
Yeah, don't be an idiot like me and buy the Edelbrock intake set - do it like Beeter...........wait, my motor fired the first time I turned the key :rofl: :lol:

HAHAHA YOUR Mom!!

My issue was a ground problem... 10 sec fix ground it right to the battery and vroom... But i also saved $200 :shock: so suck it!!! :wink:

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
lol - The one with the Edelbrock kit is $$$ and NOT programmable. The stand-alone one is so Beeter is right.

I would add though, that it is plug and play, very easy to use.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
LS1GN said:
lol - The one with the Edelbrock kit is $$$ and NOT programmable. The stand-alone one is so Beeter is right.

Well many other people were right before I was... I too was considering going the Edelbrock route...

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
BTW, you don't necessarily have to get a carb spacer for the MSD box/Holley combo. As soon as I can spare 1/2 hour to do it, I'll show you how to make a simple bracket I dreamed up in my little brain

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
I will be adding alot to this soon enough, selling and sold a ton of my swap stuff and all my efi including custom harness, ive made some how to videos on that too... soon as thing settle down a bit and i have some extra time...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor