LSx Swap Parts Database

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Transformer said:
Working on a '82 Regal with a 6.0L swap.
Using BRP motor mounts and moroso LS1 oil pan. its not a combo that normally works. Also have some other ideas that may help G-body owners. The Fuel system is featured in the book "GM G-Body performance upgrades 1978-1988". I try to mention part #'s as I build too...

http://www.HotRodRegal.com

Add RSS
I usually update it once per month as I complete projects.

-Matt

Nice build. What HP numbers are you shooting for? Also, I'm curious how long you've been watching Craiglist......LS stuff is few and far between in my area. Fast intakes go for $750 or more. You make it sound easy to score the parts you have on your engine.

Dec 9, 2013
I may have missed this and sorry if it's been covered.

I'm doing a LQ4 swap in my 86' T Type. It's a factory Turbo V 6 car. I was told the frame mounts won't work and need V8 style. Where can I get those?

TIA

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Has anyone used the Energy Suspension Mount Kit #3-1148G? I'm Trying to figure out what headers might work with it. Also if we use the GM serpentine kit #19257325 will I need to change or alter anything? Power steering pulley, alternator? Also this kit will fit on any LS motor right? Getting an LQ9 motor and might be swapping to L92 Heads and LS3 intake and going carburetor.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
latest parts: holley ls oil pan,holley clamshell engine mounts, headman #45006 headers, PCI harness , racetronics G7 sender / 255 hv/hp pump with harness , also a brand new fuel tank(86 V/6 tbi monte )lots of various fuel line fittings . and a ton of cleaning and painting!

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,062

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
all this has been mocked in , then pulled out for the clean /paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.JPG
    IMG_0547.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,054

Transformer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2007
Thanks Anubis for the kind words... sorry its taken this long to reply...
Craigslist is a beautiful thing for LS parts.. I simply check it everyday when I'm on a mission to find something (make it part of your daily routine - you know... take a shower, brush your teeth, check craigslist :D )
My Fast intake was a freak finding! it was $400 about 2 years ago. it had some minor damage to the little ports on the intake... (no big deal.. Drill+tap+AN fitting=fixed) I did not wait around when I found it though... Have some mad money and act fast!
As for HP? I dunno... maybe 400hp??? LQ4 with Fast90, 90mm accufab intake, 36# injectors, mid-length headers opening into full 3" exhaust. I am probably going to upgrade the engine later, but its a decent start for a 3500 lbs car...

As for the LSx data base, I try to post all my part numbers that I use in the LSx swap that I am performing on my 82 regal. I am currently helping a friend of mine with his 79 El Camino now.. You will not want to miss the oil pan/motor mount combo he found on this one! BEST CAST OIL pan I have seen to date. I will be posting the Oil pan very soon (gotta get better pics this weekend) Its amazing the kind of clearance he has with his combo!
I went with a combo that is known not to work, but anything is possible given a little creativity 8) I really liked the fact that the Moroso pan holds 7qt of oil with baffeling and trap doors.

Recently I found a really cool LS steam vent kit from C&R Racing. If you already have a fancy aluminum Radiator for a SBC, or if you dont want to tap into the EXPENSIVE GM LS water pump... you might want to copy the design... hopefully this link will take you to the website. All free info... ENJOY!!!

http://www.hotrodregal.com

Matt

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Great post

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor