LSx Swap Parts Database

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
The F-body AC compressor WILL NOT fit with the BRP mounts. If you want to run AC you will need the Sanden compressor, or go with the Holley accessory setup and use an older "R4" compressor.

HarryOlds86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2011
Huntsburg, Ohio
85cutlass supreme said:
What motor mounts do I buy? And fuel pump and regulator ?

I used the BRP kit but I wish they would have set the motor mounts back about an inch and as mentioned, the a/c compressor won't fit the factory location. Where I live it's cold most of the time so I don't care about the a/c :eek: I'm installing a in-tank pump (just because I don't want to hear it!) but an external pump would be cheaper and easier. I've found the people at Summit Racing are very helpful with choosing the fuel pump for your needs.

Explicit_Spade

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2012
Omaha, NE
Jul 26, 2013
Clark, Mo
I originally bought this car with a 4.8 swap, 4l60e transmission and stock converter. The 8.8 ford was already in the wagon w/3.73 gear. I started collecting parts for the 6.0 ly6 swap with ported l92 heads the flow 356 cfm at .600 lift. We just finished the 6.0 swap last weekend. Here are some of the parts we used.
fbody camaro pan
hedman ls swap long tubes (they didn't fit that well on the pass. side. We are going to move the motor forward 1/2" and that will take care of the header issues.
Ati 3000 converter for the 4l60e.
Transdapt slotted upper motor mounts.
Dakota digital dash
8.8 ford rear, 1 1/2 wider then stock, disc brakes
still running stock truck assys. including A/C.
Not sure what trans. mount is under the car. Maybe home made for all I know.

87RegalGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
A little information for everyone I found out while doing my swap.

I'm using the Transdapt part# 4572 stock location mounts with SBC clamshell mounts....
I'm swapping in a 4.8 / 4l60e in my 1987 Buick Regal... Stock truck oil pan.

F-body pacesetter headers work... Driver side goes in smooth. A little dinging on the lower part of the #2/4 primary on the passenger side and shave a little bit of metal on the passenger side a-arm and it'll go right in.

My stock crossmember worked. I just had to mark and re-drill a hole for where the transmission mount bolt goes through.

You will need the smaller power steering pump pulley to clear the gear box.

Driveshaft will need to be shortened.

I'm using a grandnational fuel tank/ sending unit....

Hope this helps anyone thinking about the swap!!!

Transformer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2007
Working on a '82 Regal with a 6.0L swap.
Using BRP motor mounts and moroso LS1 oil pan. its not a combo that normally works. Also have some other ideas that may help G-body owners. The Fuel system is featured in the book "GM G-Body performance upgrades 1978-1988". I try to mention part #'s as I build too...

www.HotRodRegal.com

Add RSS
I usually update it once per month as I complete projects.

-Matt

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
ok, on my 5.3/4L65E swap, so far I had to swap to the hooker clam shell style . fabbed my stock trans x member ( -3 deg down ). I have PCM flashed( need harness , but got that covered) . have f body manifolds on for now, so here is the question. I want to swap to full length headers but i'm seeing a lot of CO. saying their headers fit with their swap kit only. any suggestions ?

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
btw, I will be using the hooker front drive system with sandon comp. my truck intake works with my flat hood with about 3/8 '' to spare.i have the truck oil pan still on, fits good with the hooker mounts , but will up grade to a shorter sump one as I have the $.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
matt, I clicked onto ur link. I would like to say keep it up! I found more info on that than I have lurkin /posting / waiting on replys from a few forums. thanks, axld86

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor