LT1 WATER PUMP OUTLETS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagged85cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2012
I AM DOIN A CORVETTE LT1 SWAP ON MY V6 CUTLASS

I JUS NOTICED THE WATER PUMPS HAD SOME EXTRA OUTLETS AND IM NOT SURE WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO HOOK UP TO

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACF-12527739/?rtype=10

IM TALKING ABOUT THE EXTRA OUTLETS ON THE BOTTOM AND BEHIND THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING
AND THERI IS ALSO ANOTHER ONE AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE PUMP BUT ITS NOT SHOWN ON THE PIC

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THEY LEAD AND IF THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY NEEDED THANK YOU

stuckincincy

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2011
Greater Cincinnati area
The two on the left in the picture (pass side) are the heater supply and return lines. If the one not shown is an NPT threaded hole it is probably for the coolant temp sensor for the ECM.

bagged85cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2012
stuckincincy said:
The two on the left in the picture (pass side) are the heater supply and return lines. If the one not shown is an NPT threaded hole it is probably for the coolant temp sensor for the ECM.

OK NOW ARE THOSE ON THE LEFT NEEDED??
COULD I JUST CONNECT THE 2 WITH A HOSE IF I DONT WANNA RUN A HEATER??

stuckincincy

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2011
Greater Cincinnati area
Plugging them with rubber caps shouldn't be a problem. Replacement radiators often come with hose nipples which may not be used depending on the application and they include the rubber caps to block these ports. Personally I would connect them together to provide some continual bypass flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor