Lube speedo cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jah

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2009
My speedo cable has been squeeking (very loudly) and jumping around. So I finally found out It slides right out, lol. So now that its out, what should I lube it with? Also, should this solve my problem? The cable does not seem to be worn out or anything so i'm pretty sure its OK. It does feel very dry tho...
So what do I lube this thing with?

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I am not positive, but I think white lithium grease would work pretty good.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
Make sure you use a lube the wont gum up.
I have seen lubes for cables, usually used on older motorcycle cables.

Jah

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2009
ok, i got some white lithium grease from the store. But while looking at the back of the guages, some of them are mission 1 stud from the back. Also the little plate behind those are missing those metal clips, is this normal or do I need to find some to replace them. Maybe this is why some of my guages dont work?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
you should lube it with graphite not white greese as it will gum up over time and make it worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor