Lue's Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Blake442 said:
What did you have to do to your core support to make it work?

Well, to have it fit my header panel. I laid down the core support facing up, then put the header panel on top and lined the mounting holes. I then took a sharpy and marked the spots that rubbed up against each other that wouldn't let it sit flush. I then took a smaller grinder with a cutting disc and cut the parts that where rubbing.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Today I took the heater/ ac box and all lines attached from inside the engine bay. I then removed the dash and the ac/ heater duc’s to clean them out. While doing so, I notice that the air duc’s are only clip together. So I sealed them up with Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant. Hope that will help with any air leaks.

I hope to swap the boxes out tomorrow, and seal every thing back up.

While taking the heater/ac box, I notice some kind of putty that helps prevent from water coming in. Does anyone know if I could use plumbers putty?

IMG01109.jpg

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Ok guys, so here is where I need some help. I now nothing when it comes to doing electric work.

My turning blinkers don’t work, and when I press on the brakes. The small dummy light on the dash come on.

After taking the dash apart, I was able to a better view of what was going on under there. There was an alarm unit install some time ago, and no longer works. It looks like they attached a wire to the light dome wire, I’m guessing when a person opens the door it would send a signal. There were also some other wires that I wasn’t sure about.
Here are a few pic’s…..

IMG01109.jpg

IMG01117.jpg

IMG01120.jpg

IMG01116.jpg

IMG01123.jpg

Not shure if this is the cig lighter wires? Anyone know?

IMG01113.jpg

Not sure what this is either?

IMG01114.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
can't help you a whole lot when it comes to the electrical stuff but i can say that your progress on that frame looks great! makes me wish I would have taken the time to do that on mine a while ago

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Hi guys,

I ran in to a lil dilemma, while cleaning out the vents. I forgot where the red and yellow hose went on the passenger side ac/heater vent actuator. Does anyone have a clue?

IMG01137.jpg

IMG01138.jpg

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Lue said:
Not shure if this is the cig lighter wires? Anyone know?

IMG01113.jpg

I believe that's your lighter wiring, and it looks like somebody tapped into it for a constant power supply for a stereo. Afraid I can't help on the others. Fixing peoples jerry-rigging is a reciepe for headaches... The beauty of older cars is that they've had plenty of time for people to screw them up...

Not sure where your hoses go... All the A/C system's I've taken out I just stripped of the fasteners and threw in the trash.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Well sense my last post, I have token the ac/heater box out to seal it and clean it all out. I also sealed the ac/heater conduits sense they are just clip together and I could see potential leaks. I was also very careful to remember where all lines went, and also notice where all of the screws go.

When putting back the box, i used some plumbers putty to replace the putty that was inside the old box. I also used some RTV adhesive caulking that I let sit over night and turnd out really well..

here are a few pic's

IMG01109.jpg

IMG01125.jpg

IMG01126.jpg

IMG01129.jpg

IMG01130.jpg

IMG01132.jpg

IMG01135.jpg

IMG01136.jpg

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
The day after, I started switching over the fuel line to the passenger side and ran a 3/8 steel line. I started by pushing the line from the front of the frame, and worked my way back. I ran in to a problem when I got toward the rear end. As the frame arched, there wasn't a good size hole where I could push the line through. So what I did was connect a 3/8 rubber line measuring 3" long to the line that was running through the frame, and had it stick out through this hole that connected back to steel line. The second piece of steel tubing I bent so it could run parallel to the back frame , and hooked it up to the fuel tank sending unit.

Here are a few pictures;

IMG01140.jpg

IMG01141-1.jpg

IMG01142-1.jpg

IMG01143-1.jpg

IMG01145-1.jpg

IMG01146-1.jpg

IMG01149-1.jpg

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
On Sunday, I had an older buddy of mine that was a pilot mechanic during nam come by and help me. I mated the transmission/ engine together and dropped in. I wasn’t able to hook anything up as it got late and it was mothers day.

IMG01157.jpg

IMG01158.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor