Lue's Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sorry to hear of your loss, Lue.
I could understand you losing your interest in your car, etc. I hope you're able to get back on it. Sometimes keeping your mind occupied and into a hobby or project is good therapy.

Jack

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Very sorry to hear about your mom, and ex. But, there's nothing like a project car to keep your mind busy. Looks like it's going pretty well. Keep up with the updates.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
that's tough man. My heart goes out to you. After something like that happens it's hard to motivate yourself to eat let alone work on a car. It will all come around in time when you are ready and the car will still be there.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
hey dude sorry to hear all that ,hey where are you located? if your close i could help you out alittle with your car, maybe it could help you get your mind back on your car again .

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
well guy's, where should I start. It's almost been a year sense I bought the car, and haven't drove her sense the day I brought her home. Sure, I use to switcher from side to side when I had her parked out side for street sweeping, but that soon changed when I came home one day to find that she had been side swiped. Man was I pissed!!!! Sense then, I have replaced the fender with one out of a 83 El Camino.

So long story short, she is still on stands. That’s soon to change!! With uncle SAM giving me back some $$ from taxes, I hope to have her on the road by summer!!!!!

At this point, I need to start hooking up most of the hoses under the hood (power steerng, rad hoses, heater core, etc) so I can start her up. Once that’s done, I want to focus on the suspension. I have actually been doing some research, and came to a conclusion as to what I want to do

The following are things I want to replace and install for the suspension;
all control/trailing arm bushings
Install beefier upper/lower trailing arms
Ball Joints
Install 2’’ drop spindles
Back/front springs
shocks

For the wheels, I’m going to be using a set of 16’’ irocs. At first, I thought of using some adapters, but after doing some research. I’m going to be replacing the wheel studs, and using spacers. I feel that it’s much safer, and don’t have to worry about having the adapter coming loose.

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
Thats what I did with the irocs too, the fronts bolted right up on the rear of the car and I put longer arp studs up front used I think 3/8" spacers but you could probably even go a little more as they still rub on the lower control arms at full lock. Tubular arms or steering stop adjustment or maybe some grinding on the stock arms would fix that though.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Lue,
Great pics of the progress and it's looking great. Deepest sympathy to you abd your family.Sorry about your great loss:(

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Jg85350Regal said:
Thats what I did with the irocs too, the fronts bolted right up on the rear of the car and I put longer arp studs up front used I think 3/8" spacers but you could probably even go a little more as they still rub on the lower control arms at full lock. Tubular arms or steering stop adjustment or maybe some grinding on the stock arms would fix that though.

Thank's for the heads up!!!

JBreu said:
Lue,
Great pics of the progress and it's looking great. Deepest sympathy to you abd your family.Sorry about your great loss:(
Thank you for the condolences. I try to stay positive, and not dwell on it too much.

You Guy's, and this forum has helped me out so much!!! Thanx Guy's

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Car is looking great! The picture of that goofy looking thing with the brown and yellow wires was factory. I'm not exactly sure what it is used for but I know it's factory cause it's on mine too. I was thinking it's like a BARO sensor or something but not sure.

Was the Malibu factory before you started on it? Your A/C compressor is on the passenger side and the lines look like they will literally be perfect with the serpentine accessory setup. Also, is that an F41 steering box I see in the first post?

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
79loserbluebu said:
Car is looking great! The picture of that goofy looking thing with the brown and yellow wires was factory. I'm not exactly sure what it is used for but I know it's factory cause it's on mine too. I was thinking it's like a BARO sensor or something but not sure.

Was the Malibu factory before you started on it? Your A/C compressor is on the passenger side and the lines look like they will literally be perfect with the serpentine accessory setup. Also, is that an F41 steering box I see in the first post?

Yes, She was all stock (231v6/th200) when i got her.

I wish the a/c lines would bolt right up, but the line that goes to the compressor has to replace. I did some serching, and the compressor that came with the engine package was used on f, and b bodies. Thank god they are plentifull at the wrecking yard.

No, that's not a quick ratio steering box, but i did mange to get one off an 86 MC ss..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor