making a 4 link

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
is there a company out there that makes the 4 link brackets to weld to a rear end housing? the reason im asking is id like to get another rear end for the stock car and we have to run a stock rear end. mine being a monte carlo im stuck with a 7.5. i can get a rear end from a blazer fairly cheap.

or am i stuck fabricating my own mounts?

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
no you can get them from strange or moser or both i think. i know they have them for 9 inch rears and i dont think it'd be hard to use them for your application.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you upgrade the right axle and run a spool or if your not allowed to run a spool weld the spider gears and you shouldn't have any problem with the rear rend. We ran ours welded up with upgraded right axles with no issues. There are plenty of metrics running a rear like in circle track racing.

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
the rear thats currently in my car has the spider gears welded. its set up with 3.42 gears. i want another rear end to set up for 3.73 gears. that one will get a spool. i dont like welded spiders. when i put the 3.42s in this rear a few of the welds were actually cracked. so ground a big groove in them and welded them again.

it wouldnt be a problem for me to fabricate my own mounts but depending on the price it might not be worth the time fussing with making them

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
We ran at two different tracks so we had a complete rear for each track. After the race Friday nite we'd switch the rear. We welded the side gears to lock in the pinions gears and never had a problem. The tracks would not allow spools so we were stuck with the welding.

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
ive seen guys try to weld them and have the whole spider gear set warp to the point of you cant get the axle in or out

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
jbracing said:
ive seen guys try to weld them and have the whole spider gear set warp to the point of you cant get the axle in or out

some guys don't know what they are doing, what can I say

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
isnt that the truth. if i would try half of the stuff some guys try on their cars i would fail miserably. yet they can get away with everything be half a$$ed on their cars. if i would do the same... it probably wouldnt work by the time i was done loading the car on the trailer lol

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when we welded ours we didn't weld the gears together. We welded in the valley of the side gears to stop the gears from rotating. We made it so there was as little movement as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor