Mandatory introduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
It is common courtesy, agreed. Not saying people shouldnt do it. Like I said it’s recommended. I’ve been seeing a lot of posts though where people are demanding this so called required intro before they will talk to them.

Imagine you’re at a car show and you ask a question about someone’s car. Instead of answering your question, they ask “who are you? Where’s your car again? I won’t talk to you unless I know more about you!”

What are you going to do? I’m just going to be like “whatever bro” and keep walking. Or in this case never come back to the site.

Sorry if I came off harsh in the first reply.

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well, I guess you can say I'm one of those people that seems to demand an introduction....guilty as charged. I guess it's probably time for me to lighten up and chill out....and go with the flow. I'm not going to let anything irk me or get under my skin. An exception would be if someone is acting like a complete jerk. ..and lord knows, we've have a few of them in the past.
You've run a tight ship over the years and have done an exemplary job, I might add. Kudos to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Immagocrynow.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Do people actually read the intro posts? I don't...I figure I'll find out about them when they start posting.

For me, I'd rather see a valid location requirement (makes "for sale/wanted" posts easier to navigate) , but this has been discussed before and GP403 declined to make it a requirement, and I'm cool with that because it's HIS site. I'm still here, so I guess I learned to cope with it, small irritant for the wealth of value on the site.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor