Manual choke conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
OK, here's a simple but good tip.

Any of you that want to convert to a manual choke. One thing to remember is 'cut the cable to length'. Don't just coil up the extra cable and hide it under your dash. This will make it to hard to push or pull the choke, making it useless. And I learned from experience that it's a pain in the a$$ to install the whole thing, then have to rip it all apart just to cut the cable down.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Great, they should make a seperate section in the forum for installation instructions that come on the the back of the package. :idea:

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Never said anything on the package or in the instructions about this.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i mounted the pull tab thingy under the dash by the radiothen fed it into the engine bay and mesured where it connected to the choke.. then i used my dremil to cut the coil and left a few inches of the inner wire to work with. took me like 10 minutes to do and drink a beer.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I need to put one on my carb soon. I also have to hook up my flame thrower exhaust which in turn works by almost flooding the carb. I can't do that till I fix the leak in my tank,,,,,BOOM!!!!!!

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I just ran mine through where the speedo cable comes through.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I also ran mine through the grommet for the speedo cable.
I made a small bracket and I hooked up the control knob where the computer diagnostic port used to be under the dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor