Manual hydraulic clutch pedal using factory GM parts

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I could not get mine to bleed. My problem is the bleeder on these Howe TOB's is at the 2 oclock position and the feed line is at 3 oclock or so. I had to manually turn the TOB so the bleeder was roughly at 1230 and manually pump the pedal to bleed it. Not any fun!

Also found out the master has to be fully extended for it to "grab" fluid from the resovior. Mine was like an 1/8" compressed and wouldnt flow.

Live and learn! :)

I didn't realize you were using a hydraulic throw out bearing. When I used the Howe I just had to open the bleeder and let it gravity bleed. What did you use as a stop for the clutch pedal?. I used an appliance leg, drilled a hole in the fire wall and adjusted the leg with a nut on either side of the firewall.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Also when I hit the junkyard I need just the pedal itself right?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor