Manual steering rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I feel like less of a man already. It's a good thing the silky smooth steering in my car doesn't build up undesired callus.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
I never questioned the individuals masculinity, I was simply stating that, with the modifications they have done to the car, in my opinion, a manual steering set-up would fit in nicely. The effort is hardly noticeable, but the higher steering ratio does require more wheel turns. Try it, you'll love it!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I never questioned the individuals masculinity, I was simply stating that, with the modifications they have done to the car, in my opinion, a manual steering set-up would fit in nicely. The effort is hardly noticeable, but the higher steering ratio does require more wheel turns. Try it, you'll love it!

it makes no sense to have manual steering and it seems like in this thread you are the only one who thinks it's great. I suppose you have 3 on the tree, manual drum brakes and an am radio with one speaker in the middle of the front dash to keep it simple.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
it makes no sense to have manual steering and it seems like in this thread you are the only one who thinks it's great. I suppose you have 3 on the tree, manual drum brakes and an am radio with one speaker in the middle of the front dash to keep it simple.
Everybody 'follow the leader!'
Dare to be different my friend.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR

Attachments

• IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 199

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

If you would put your arrogance aside for a minute or two to look at the cars in this forum you would notice there is no leader and hardly anyone, including myself, has a G body that is even close to stock.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
If you would put your arrogance aside for a minute or two to look at the cars in this forum you would notice there is no leader and hardly anyone, including myself, has a G body that is even close to stock.
I apologize fellows, I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I guess that old style 'Tough and Macho Hot Rodder Man' is a thing of the past.

BTW, my wife has a wonderful gynecologist I'd be happy to recommend.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I had a 440-6 'Cuda with manual steering and Manual 4 wheel drums. Needless to say I didn't drive it much. Nobody did. Probably the the reason it only racked up 27K miles.

I currently have 2 miatas with manual steering. The 195 tired one is fine to park, but the 225 tired one is kind of a pain to park.

If a G-body manual box felt "sporty" I would think about using one in a lightweight car, but they make the car drive like a 35 year old, bare bones pickup truck, and not like a Miata. The 12.7 Power box IS sporty and even completely forgetting the power assist, feels/drives much better than any of the bolt in manual options.

Manual steering on a G-body is more "cavemanly" or "poormanly" than "Manly".

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
I had a 440-6 'Cuda with manual steering and Manual 4 wheel drums. Needless to say I didn't drive it much. Nobody did. Probably the the reason it only racked up 27K miles.

I currently have 2 miatas with manual steering. The 195 tired one is fine to park, but the 225 tired one is kind of a pain to park.

If a G-body manual box felt "sporty" I would think about using one in a lightweight car, but they make the car drive like a 35 year old, bare bones pickup truck, and not like a Miata. The 12.7 Power box IS sporty and even completely forgetting the power assist, feels/drives much better than any of the bolt in manual options.

Manual steering on a G-body is more "cavemanly" or "poormanly" than "Manly".
I love the idea of grassroots hot rodding.

Do you know what ratio the standard p/s gear is in a g-body and the ratio of one equipped with the f41 suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor