MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good information.

Just saw the edelbrock e street efi. Looks nice especially with having the controller wirellesly. Any info on this systyem

Re: MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread back on track

Ok so lets freshen things up.

As some of you may know I had issues with the machine work that was performed by a local shop and essentially had to scrap what I had. What a waste of money. However luckily I could re use my cam and heads and what not.

So now I have the motor back in the car. found myself a vigin 4 bolt 350 and stroked it so..........................

350 .030" over w/ torque plates (previous shop didnt use these) and final honed to my new pistons to a 383
Reused my 2 bolt studs in the center of the 4 bolt and align honed
parallel decked the block and stroker clearanced
Callies forged 3.75" stroke crank
Callies Compstar Forged H beam 6" rods
Mahle forged flat top pistons 11.5:1 compression
all internally balanced
howards retro roller cam 110265-12 286 294 233 241 .530 .545 112 108
comp cams ultra pro mag 1.6 ratio rockers
Jomar Stud Girdle
Profiler 64cc 195cc heads with porting by chad speier of SRH
Cloyes billet double roller timing chain
cloyes 2 piece timing cover
melling select 10% higher volume oil pump
kevco gated/ kicked drag pan with windage tray and crank scraper
romac sfi billet balancer
centerforce 153 tooth sfi flywheel
High torque mini starter
vic jr cnc manifold
Fast EZ EFI 2.0 w/ in tank pump (using grand national tank)
Fast E^6 digital ignition box with E92 Coil
Fast Dual sync Distributor controlled by ez efi ecu
1991 Chevy C10 serpentine setup
Power master 140am side post cs130
good year gator back belt

installed 36mm front sway bar
installed lares corp close ratio steering box for 92 trans am ws6

Im sure theres more but at least she is back together

powermaster cs130 140 amp side post w/ tall valve cover clearence

back in the hole

GN Fuel Tank

billet specialties wire looms

best $200 i ever spent Koul tools push lock hose press

bonded logic sound and heat insulation

36mm front sway bar

Lares corporation close ratio steering box

WOW! that's a sweet looking powerplant, Keep up the good work, cant wait to see more. Got a deadline in mind?

MrLightning said:
WOW! that's a sweet looking powerplant, Keep up the good work, cant wait to see more. Got a deadline in mind?
thanks, well i havent drove it in 8 years but hiping to have on the road end of this month. only time and sweat will tell lol. I did pull it out of the shop the other day sitting on a milk crate to check trans function after i rebuilt the muncie and with just a quick blip broke 2nd gear loose lol. its going to be fun when shes done.

heres a vid of her running in the shop. dont mind my buddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHft1PlztN8
until its warmed up the IAC doesnt close down the throttle blades down and has a vccum leak sound but thats just how it works lol

Seems like you had alot of good advice along the way with this one. You should be damn proud of the work you got done in a short time ok well maybe not short. :mrgreen:

thanks, well i havent drove it in 8 years but hiping to have on the road end of this month.

typical life keeping you getting it done til now or just the same ole, don't have money til now like the rest of us..............cuz other things took priority?

chevy2480 said:
Seems like you had alot of good advice along the way with this one. You should be damn proud of the work you got done in a short time ok well maybe not short. :mrgreen:

you know bud theres been alot of advice along the way but i really couldnt have done some of it without having you on the other end of the line lol. youve been a big help. hell even some of it just comes from motivation from a pic text to the response of hell yeah bad *ss man. so thanks again

yeah im really proud of it for sure. and im also proud to say i made a new friend out of it. we have to get together at the carlilse show

as far as whats been getting in the way. i had issues with motor # 1 with cam going flat, then the rebuild i had some extra machine work done and the machine shop fubard a bunch of things but prior to that hat some slight health issues.

stuff happens and lose interest from hitting so many obstacles but its been time to get back on track and focus. got a ton done over the memorial day weekend. now back at work busy but trying to give her hell an hour hear and an hour there after work in the evenings. Sometimes it sucks running your own business.

guess ill get back to work now lol

Put the new headliner in this evening

And now we have interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor