MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
well started to pull it apart, gave the engine and transmission a fresh build then trying to get body panels to get it back together. supposed to get a rad support this weekend. hopefully i can locate a passenger fender sometime soon and a header panel. if not i have 2 that are busted 1 the driver side is messed up and on the other the passenger side, maybe ill cut and glass them together. let me know what you guys think.
IMG_1881.jpg

this is the latest pic with some fresh paint in the engine compartment
IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Nice looking project. Very nice looking motor. I bet she runs real good also. I had the same cam and intake on a 383 and it ran real well. Lots of torque and hp for a mild cam compared to a racing cam. Keep us up to date on the project.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
the motor is complete now, ill post pics up this weekend when i get home. i test ran it to check for leaks, all was well, not to put it in the car and adjust the valves then get the carb tuned. just gotta get my hands on some body parts, i wanna drive it by Christmas :p

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
nah man its just about 3 cans of krylon rust-tuff rattle can, gloss black. i think it turned out well, i was unsure about the gloss at first but i think it turned out nice.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
i really need to get rid of that ac box looks horrible. i just dont want to give up my heat and i heard the american grafitti box sux. so i guesse im waiting on an original non ac box.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
came out as kinda gunmetal, was supposed to be dark metallic charcoal gray, the gray primer effected the color, should have used the black primer. any ways yeah thats the color it is, i had it painted about 6 years back, gonna get it redone though with black primer and same color eventually so itl be about 3 shades darker. i plan on keeping the gray though as my interior is only 3 years old and looking new haha well besides th carpet and headliner and well you know how sun damage is on the panels, well the seats have been redone along with the rear speaker cover. i love the buckets though, as my car is a limited she came with the 60/40 split bench with the pillow top seats, traded them at the yard for some 442 seats and had the redone.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
well guys got to the shop today and got some more pics to teas yah with.
IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

well heres the engine ready to get set in the car, i already test ran it and checked for leaks, boy does she sound sweet. now to just get it into the car and adjust the valves and carb.
IMG_2007.jpg

freshly rebuilt turbo 350 with some new paint as well
IMG_2005.jpg

more goodies in the mail, got my tach and now i have to mount it
IMG_2006.jpg

header reducers from pypes performance exhaust, 3'' to 2.5'', the rest of my exhaust will be here on the 29th or so i hope, went with the pipes 2.5'' system w/x pipe and street pro mufflers and gn tail pipes.
tell me what you gus think of her so far.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
well i got the gforce cross member bolted in today, for some reason it was a tight fit. also got the converter on the transmission and got the transmission bolted on the engine. maybe this weekend ill be able to set it in the car. i simply ran out of day light today.also i forgot to put the memory card in the camera so ill get more pics up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor