Metalic paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Sounds good. A little more body work and cooler weather and it's a GO.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
If you shoot the base, let it flash, then the clear, the clear will chemically bond to it.

The data sheets for your paint will tell you what you should do for the best results. Be sure to read them.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Thank's Carmangary, I will. My eyes hurt from reading and everyone has a different opinion, even different manufacturers. For example, some recommend a hardener for urethane, some don't. I'll be useing a black epoxy sealer to compliment the dark blue base. Right now I'm looking for dings and finding plenty.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I have only painted one car but I had to paint it three times before I got it right. Actually, I never got it right from the gun. So, I used finishing film and a buffer. What started as a crappy sandpaper finish turned into a mirror. I have people all the time asking me who painted my car or how much I paid to have it done. But, three times is a lot of work. So, to save you from doing that, I recommend getting an old hood and practicing until you can do it without too much orange peel or runs. It won't take much practice.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It's been awhile since I painted, and yeah, it takes a while on a test panel to get the spray pattern right. This bc/cc is new for me as all I ever did was enamel and lacquer. Allways learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor