Michigan GP newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
hello everyone.

guess, i'll start by saying i've always been a mopar guy. technically, still am(did the whole musclecar thing in younger days and recently into trucks for the past 12yrs). decided i wanted a change recently. have always wanted an Monte SS(since they were new). tried buying one a few weeks ago. car not as described. this was the 3rd SS i've been denied since 1993. i figure it's not in the cards.
purchased an 87 grand prix after the SS debacle in 93. totally loved the car but drivetrain had been played with by first owner and really didn't run right at all at anytime. BUT, i loved that car. it was a very cool car. a buddy and i decided to make a list of cars we really would like to have (he's a ford guy). a GP was on my list. happen to find one within a week, but more on that later.

my first and only GP was the 87. black w/grey interior, buckets/console, 305-200R4, rally II's, completely loaded including a very rare power sunroof (moonroof, astroroof??). i mean rare cuz i've never seen another anywhere.

so what i purchased as of yesterday.
82 Grand Prix LE
V6-T200
burgundy w/burg interior
buckets/console
LE- loaded
and the only option it had to have: T-tops

car is rough around the edges but is solid except for drivers door (darn lower chrome trim). paid a decent price. i'm happy.(pics will be up shortly, forgot camera car is at buddy's)

my plan:
color change inside and out
2+2 nose
TPI 350
200 or 700R4.
upgrade everything else w/better stuff, mostly suspension.

so there it is in a nutshell.
i will be asking LOTS of questions, so please be patient and no flaming.
yes, i do know how to use "search" and will.

so looking forward to hearing/talking w/you guys.

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
the pics

normal_GP1.JPG

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Munkey B said:
guess, i'll start by saying i've always been a mopar guy. technically, still am(did the whole musclecar thing in younger days and recently into trucks for the past 12yrs). decided i wanted a change recently. have always wanted an Monte SS(since they were new).

It's good to see you're back from the dark side :D
:lightsab:

Poncho-gp

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2008
Knoxville ,Tenn
The GP looks nice,what color are you changing it to? I have to say I wouldnt do the 2+2 nose the normal nose looks mean , The 2+2 don't.I'm sure its going to look good no mater what nose you use after all it is a Grand Prix, The best looking G Body by far!

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
coolchrisp: sterling hts.

Poncho GP: man, i love the 2+2 nose. gotta do it. i'm going green, darn media. from the burg to 2000 Grand am spruce green. it really all depends on my JY excursions. if i can find tan or grey interiors to change too. unless, i get really lucky and find a greenish int.

unfortunetly, i have to find out why it's smoking and fix some major oil leaks. i want to enjoy it before it gets torn apart.

i also agree, w/the best looking G-bod. i actually like them all but the GP just kept calling me as of late.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Come on, bolt in a "real" motor!

Something say in the 400/455 range, since you are going with a green theme. ;)

440.jpg

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
would love to but...........

ever since my old one and my love for monte SS's.
GM fell short on engine options.

should have had a TPI. i like the look of it.
it's just something i want to do.
don't get me wrong, the whole 400-455 idea has crossed my mind :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor