Mind warping music videos

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I see. You changed it. Well that is what I meant by not finding the original, by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, anywhere. All the YouTube videos were tributes and weird stuff. And what is with the speeded up and reverse versions?!? Back then if something was not at the movies or on TV, then you didn't see it. Now stuff is coming out of the woodwork but his family is trying to keep a lid on it. The first time I ever saw him was in the Monterey Pops movie in 1967. That blew everyone away. But besides the famous Dick Cavett interview, he was rarely filmed with any quality equipment. Them in the Woodstock movie is probably the best quality existing. I remember all the controversy about him playing the Star Spangled Banner his way. But who better to play it than a guy who served in the 101st Airborne Division?
1641915390918.png

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada

Hey, Bonnewagon, your response to my swap out of the Bing version I first posted for the YouTube/Google version seemed so unhappy that I elected to retrieve both Bing versions of Third Stone that I had identified as being most close to what your video had for music. I tend to prefer Google You Tube just because the link is much shorter and easier to copy and paste without missing a part.

Bing actually lists this song under two names, "Third Stone.......", and Third Rock..........." with various individuals getting the credit for uploading one version or another at one point or another.

One of these two is supposed to be a live version and the other studio at some point. Hendrix himself never stuck to one version of anything he created and potentially, even changed the song from one concert day to another. I've also posted the Bing Search String for you in case you want to wander over there and check it out for yourself.

Nick

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes, unhappy. Your bing version was so much more spacy and trippy like the song deserves. Thanks for replacing the link. As for bing when I upgraded to Windows 10 I found bing being so intrusive I wiped it completely off my system. If I could do without Microsucks altogether that would really make me happy.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Glad to have been of service. I am not all that much of a fan of Microsoft Edge either. When MS updated to W-10 they destroyed a perfectly good search engine in Internet Explorer 11 in favor of a more mediocre iteration that could be more easily audited by the government in the name of law and security. Running both Edge and Google is possible for me but dancing between the two can become complicated and often the links, music for example, do not sync from one to the other. Google You Tube does not use such a lengthy "address" for its links, making them easy to copy and paste as needed. The Edge/Bing links are far more lengthy and complicated and easier to damage or break during the copy portion of the exercise.

Anyway...............................................................

Nick

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Look at this one. Pure '60s and very British style trippy. Almost straight out of Terry Gilliam's animation from Monty Python's Flying Circus.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not so much into the strobing thing any more, makes my eyes twitch. Had a buddy shy away from my Christmas Lights one year cause they did a synchronized flash and he had the idea that they could cause an epileptic seizure; got real agitated about it. Funny thing, they didn't bother me at all. Too much exposure to research on the effects of subliminal seduction when I was younger. Part of Mass Communications Courses in College. A lot of that stuff has been banned due to the adverse effects it had on the susceptible at the time. Kind of takes the fun out of the music for me but I have to watch out for my eyes as it is.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada

This is actually a "house' band formed of students enrolled in the OKeefe Music Foundation. The lead singer is especially interesting given her obviously young age at the time. She does have other work out there now as she has grown up.

Just for contrast, Meet Tool themselves and a live version of 46 and 2

And now for something completely different!

and

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor