Florida Beach
Monty Python GIF

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And this, finally is the set of links for Ghost. The song is called "Spillways" and has been getting some air time as a single on Wreck 94, the local excuse for a rock station.

The first link is for Ghost, the song is called "Spillways" This is the lyrics included version.

The second link is the same singer/band but for a live concert that happened in Austin Texas sometime last year.

Ghost; live in Toronto

And this is what happens when someone takes the basic song and slows it down...................then adds some reverb to it for effect. The lyrics do become easier to listen to and understand though.

CopperNick sends

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
YESSS!!!! We have launch! This is NO Drill, All hands man your earphones.

Nick

PS

• Winner

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
And this, finally is the set of links for Ghost. The song is called "Spillways" and has been getting some air time as a single on Wreck 94, the local excuse for a rock station.

The first link is for Ghost, the song is called "Spillways" This is the lyrics included version.

The second link is the same singer/band but for a live concert that happened in Austin Texas sometime last year.

Ghost; live in Toronto

And this is what happens when someone takes the basic song and slows it down...................then adds some reverb to it for effect. The lyrics do become easier to listen to and understand though.

CopperNick sends
Forgot one

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Actually, i did screen that one and found I preferred the others.

Like this

As promised, this is the You Tube link from Google. Not flogging either source here, just their links seem to be shorter and load with less hassle

Nick

Last edited:

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Wouldn't know. Evidently this band has been around since somewhere near 2015!

The singer is interesting because, in interview or conversation you know english is not his first language. Come to consider, he sounds a lot like a parish priest in my diocese who's nation of origin is India. Strange but utterly possible; another option is the Phillipines, or even Mexico. The whole business of the masks thing.

However, when singing, his voice is absolutely accentless. And this is not unique. Have noticed this with Euro singers in past on many occasions.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Oh yeah, this lead is not the original. If you can make sense of the videos and sequences, "Papa Emeritus 0" was the first, there was at least one intermediate named "Papa Nihil", who supposedly "died' so "Papa Emeritus III" could take over. There is also a refernce to one of the Spillways videos that I uploaded being sung by Joe Elliot from Def Leopard; in the video credits.

not really important in the grand scheme of things considering how many bands form and reform with everyone who ever played in the group claiming they are the one and original. But I do see why a lot of this band is live concert oriented. Papa is right up there with the singers from Billy Talent and the Headstones when it comes to using George Carlin's seven little words you can't use on television.

Nick

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Wouldn't know. Evidently this band has been around since somewhere near 2015!

The singer is interesting because, in interview or conversation you know english is not his first language. Come to consider, he sounds a lot like a parish priest in my diocese who's nation of origin is India. Strange but utterly possible; another option is the Phillipines, or even Mexico. The whole business of the masks thing.

However, when singing, his voice is absolutely accentless. And this is not unique. Have noticed this with Euro singers in past on many occasions.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Oh yeah, this lead is not the original. If you can make sense of the videos and sequences, "Papa Emeritus 0" was the first, there was at least one intermediate named "Papa Nihil", who supposedly "died' so "Papa Emeritus III" could take over. There is also a refernce to one of the Spillways videos that I uploaded being sung by Joe Elliot from Def Leopard; in the video credits.

not really important in the grand scheme of things considering how many bands form and reform with everyone who ever played in the group claiming they are the one and original. But I do see why a lot of this band is live concert oriented. Papa is right up there with the singers from Billy Talent and the Headstones when it comes to using George Carlin's seven little words you can't use on television.

Nick
Papa is the marketing gimick to keep things rolling so the band can be refreshed in a way every so many years. The current album got me hooked & made me revisit the older ones. One things about the lead singer is he's not into social media with no idea of what Tik Toc was until his daughter showed him clips of people using thier Mary On A Cross in thier Stranger Things postings. They released it along with a slower/reverbed version back towards the end of the summer.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
YESSS!!!! We have launch! This is NO Drill, All hands man your earphones.
Nick you clever dog. You just banged me in the head with my absolute favorite band of all time. That song in1968 made me a lifelong QUO fan. Get this: I was stationed In Furth Germany in 1974-75. I went home on leave to get married, came back and was stumbling around in Furth when what do I see but a flyer stapled to a light pole. QUO played in Furth while I was gone! AAAAAARGGGH!!!! Still kicking myself in the butt over that. But I got to see them twice here in Shitty City. Now that Rick Parfit has passed I doubt they will cross the pond again.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Some gems in here. Like the last one at 31:40.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor