Mind warping music videos

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So, just a bit more on Ghost, apparently they are Swedish, and from the start the lead singers for the band have sang under the title of "Papa Emeritus". To date there have been Papas, i, ii, iii, iV. Two and Three are actually real life brothers. The mask thing is for identity protection; guessing their real world faces may be well known. The current lead singer, in this case "Papa iV", uses the nom de guerre of "Tobias Forge". Unlike the rest of the band, he only uses face paint, which was what gave me the idea they were Mexican, the use of masks and disguises being popular for entertainers and certain athletes in that country.

The only other bit that caught my attention was that RATS is supposed to be the heaviest they've gotten in terms of Rock as a genre.

Sort of wish an old buddy of mine did Computers and You Tube because that Song would definitely appeal to him. Unfortunately, he mostly uses his cell for work and professional purposes and does not really run google for entertainment.

Nick

Oh yeah, and now for something completely different

And just because..................................................

Nick

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
So, just a bit more on Ghost, apparently they are Swedish, and from the start the lead singers for the band have sang under the title of "Papa Emeritus". To date there have been Papas, i, ii, iii, iV. Two and Three are actually real life brothers. The mask thing is for identity protection; guessing their real world faces may be well known. The current lead singer, in this case "Papa iV", uses the nom de guerre of "Tobias Forge". Unlike the rest of the band, he only uses face paint, which was what gave me the idea they were Mexican, the use of masks and disguises being popular for entertainers and certain athletes in that country.
Tobias Forge is all the Papas. It's his gimmick to have the band get a new leader every so many years to keep fans interested. Ghost's web site has "Chapters" of skits that are kinda behind the sceens of the "church". They have got my attention & is in rotation for when I'm not listening to SXM.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So you're an Aqua Velvet man? Good tune!!! .....................................................................................................................................................
aqua-velva-man.webp

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Can't get that stuff in the Drugstores and Supermarkets any more. The alcohol content was so high that the resident alcoholics among our aboriginal Canadians were either buying the stuff and drinking it straight or, to make it last longer, diluting it with Gatorade or Mountain Dew. No telling how many of them went blind or died 'cause their internal organs rotted away. Same excuse for HairSpray being deleted; they'd take a paper bag, foofoo bomb the whole can of spray into it and then pull the bag over their heads. Had to call the cops several time while my neighbor was still alive because they were using his parts storage lean to as a combination of flophouse and stoner hide. I finally donated a fence post and my buddy Bob some fencing and we fenced it off to deny them access. When Jack died, the first thing someone did was to knock the fence over and trample it so I retrieved the post and chain link and brought them home. There's a moral to all this buried somewhere in all the misery and agony but to this day it still makes no sense to me. Probably why I prefer solitude and music.

In fact I just pushed pause on the full Aqua Velvets Guitar Noir album to mosey on over here and check on the heads up my e-mail had given me on some new music that had been posted.

Oh yeah, the Aftershave is "Aqua Velva", the band is the "Aqua Velvets" My dad would never have listened to the band but he did use the aftershave lotion. Me? I grew a beard, saved the time consumed by having to go through the daily shaving ritual, and had him growling at me about the beard until the day he died. Oh, the fate of the beard? Still have it. They've been in and out of fashion so many times that I never bothered to keep up, just left it where it was and let the haters have their obligatory meltdowns.

Nick

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
By the time I could grow a decent beard it came in grey. Yikes I look old enough as it is without a Gandalf beard.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Personal humor for me was that while my skull hair was turning grey, or leaving altogether, my beard remained RED. Great personal deterrent to being pestered by sheeple.

And that glue sniffing scene in your video is closer to reality than most people might believe. When I worked for the Company, we literally could not ship model car glue or hair spray to our Northern Stores franchises up on the reserves. Abuse was endemic and, in the terminal stages, COPD was the least of the issues that would get listed on the "cause of death" form.

Nick

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
In the late 50's, very early 60's when I was a kid, the glue sniffers would buy a model at the candy store. Then they would take the glue out and toss the model over the water pump station fence. We had to climb up on an adjacent garage, drop into the water works, and salvage the models. We always had models for free. :mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada

Dropped the first link to this over on another thread in response to a post about weathergirlsbut thought it deserved some air time over here \as it is a variant that I have not encountered before.

And Santa Esmeralda just popped up in the background.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor