442 Missing something??

08Malibu

08Malibu

Master Mechanic
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Mine is off because a PO of the trans ground the mounting holes off to fit headers on the car I pulled the trans from.

Reactions: Jims442
500/600

500/600

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I have never run one. I've also never had an issue with stones, rocks, or anything bent. Then again I never treated my car like I starred on the Dukes of Hazzard.

I think the right answer in this case is if you don't know what it is, but you are concerned that it is missing, then it will probably worry you enough that buying a new one wouldn't be bad idea. I'd send one your way for free if I hadn't pitched them all in the scrap. They're cheap enough new.

Jims442

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
I have never run one. I've also never had an issue with stones, rocks, or anything bent. Then again I never treated my car like I starred on the Dukes of Hazzard.

I think the right answer in this case is if you don't know what it is, but you are concerned that it is missing, then it will probably worry you enough that buying a new one wouldn't be bad idea. I'd send one your way for free if I hadn't pitched them all in the scrap. They're cheap enough new.
Ty I appreciate that No it doesn't bother me and the car is never in the rain. So I think it will be fine.

Jims442

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
it looks to be more then the transmission pan leaking... :unsure:
Right now I'm fixing some rust on the lower part of the doors and repainting the grey. I will clean everything up underneath and check for l
other leaks when done. Ty for pointing that out I do appreciate it. The top side above the oil pan is clean and the block is clean as well. When the car sat over the winter I did notice one quarter size spot on the floor under the transmission pan but nothing anywhere else. The oil on the oil pan is old I think it just needs some good cleaning.

Reactions: pontiacgp
LeftLaneOnly

LeftLaneOnly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 20, 2020
If you work on the under side of car and it’s running that will be moving 👀👀
Be careful not to put hands or tools near that Saw blade

Reactions: 500/600 and Jims442

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor