Monte SS budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
Qdub24 said:
Deezy it look like you going hard in the paint already. I'm kind of jealous of you and KingColbert with both of yall of new projects. I know you gonna do this MC justice, and the finished product will be immaculate, regardless of what you say.

borat_two_thumbs_up_yours.jpg

Qdub thanks bruh, I am going to try to do this right but before all the nice parts and pretty stuff comes around i would like to get her rolling first, then work the beauty in this son of a gun :wink: lol at the borat pic too

JBreu said:
Looks like a decent foundation...The floors look pretty solid..Great score!!!!

JB the floors are in great shape thats what i love about cali....the few times good deals come about at least the cars are in a solid condition to work with for the most part. the car does have 1 rust area that i need to address and i'll be asking you guys opinions on how i should or what would be the best way to handle it.

vic84supersport said:
thats a come up.....good luck bro

Thanks for that and your right it was a come up.....im just glad this wasn't the car that got away!

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
kuruption109 said:
anotha ADDITION to tha CREW ... U KNO!!!

Yeah Chris i had to have it lol. i know the crew pushes chevy more with our love for all "G" rides so i had to jump on board. i love my olds but my HEART is with chevy.

86_olds said:
good build keeps me motivated
i hope this will be consider a good build :rofl: haha....thanks its so much motivation around you guys got my out of my lazy slump to do this, so i hope it motivates someone out there.

pontiacgp said:
nice find....if your looking for a black or a blue monte ss steering wheel let me know...I have one of each. I'm using the blue now but I'm looking for something different
^^^^ Thats a sweet offer so thanks im still not 100% about interior stuff right now.

-83MONTESS- said:
Random question: Where did you get your new carpet for your cutlass?
83 i scored the carpet from a kid on craigslist he had a few nos items for his monte that he never had a chance to use.
i did some carpet research and the 1aa auto company sale the carpet kit for $150/170 shipped. well i got the brand new carpet the good 1 that has the factory matting on the bottom of it, brand new the SS dash insert and a used passenger side SS mirror all for $180 so it was a great deal consider all i wanted to do was put fresh carpet in my cutlass so i can use what i have in the monte now. This car keeps bringing me deals so for me the dash insert and mirror was like a free come up.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
RITTER said:
I want those rims

What are they :?:
Sorry man i wish i could tell you the name of the but the guy that sold them didnt know that name :lol: . trust me this is not not a normal thing where i have an item on my ride and dont know what it is or called. Now your question is killing me because i need to figure out what style rim it is. Who's good at that old mystery game CLUE?

devildog214 said:
yeah im really interested in those wheels as well, ive seen that kind of styling in a 16x8 but those look like 17s.
naw no 17's here but that would have been nice, i plan to get some good pics of them to post up in here real soon.

laman1982 said:
were you get that ss insert ??

you can buy it http://www.gsi-interiorss.com/

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
1st thing i need to handle is the driver door lock. at 1 point or another the previous owner kept the car down the street from his house so neighbors wouldn't complain about his cars. On a late night someone tried to jack the car and damaged every single lock on the car, all doors and trunk. Now im here cleaning up the mess. i did the passenger side but the driver side gave me a couple issues. nothing i cant handle but these little things suck, dealing with. as you can see passenger side is complete!

55180e17.jpg

ec3a56ec.jpg

The trunk has a electric popper so they didnt get in, thanks for that otherwise i dont think i would have this car right now.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
Some good and bad things after inspecting the car again. The mirrors are in the wrong spot, it'll do for now because im using the ls doors mounting points but i have to move them forward later down the line, if i want that true SS look.

af1c331b.jpg

Dual exhaust baby. Im happy about that....man o man is that pipe looking quite ugly but its duals so who the hell cares. i hope theres no exhaust leaks to deal with.

dbe0992c.jpg

c18f01e3.jpg

abc94b85.jpg

mms40

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2011
kind of curious on where you get the leather insert from man, maybe a price as well thanks!

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
mms40 said:
kind of curious on where you get the leather insert from man, maybe a price as well thanks!

i posted the answer but here you go
you can buy it http://www.gsi-interiorss.com/ on the site its $65 shipped that why i came up on buying parts from that kid. my bill would have been in the $250/300 dollar range if i paid for each item itself.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
OOOOWWWEEEE!!! Lookin C-L-E-A-N!!!!! Fam you makin moves! Aw shiz. I better get in the shop and do the damn thang! LOL! Nice progress bruh. Ahhh youth! Never ending energy! LOL! Time to get my ol azz in gear and get it crackin! Keep the pics comin fam..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor