Moog 5660 springs in Malibu wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Little weekend project...installed a pair of Moog 5660s in the 81 wagon. Leveled it out, just what I was looking for. I know most people like them lower than this, but I like to be able to drive without sweating every small variance in the road. I also live on a pretty poorly maintained unpaved road. Perhaps the biggest reason is that with a lower rate spring and slightly lower ride height on my old coupe, the tires rubbed through the liners. Good Malibu liners are not getting any easier to find, so I'd like to keep these intact as they are really nice.

a4XAOU.jpg
Opkqqy.jpg

It looks good, Brian.
Seems like a nice level ride height. How does it feel driving it?

Hey Jack, seems good so far, but I haven't really driven it far....need to replace the lugnuts and fix a couple small issues before i give it a real trial

Good looking car. I like those wagons. What size tire are you running?

Thanks guys!

It has 235/55 16s on it right now.

now that you got your car looking great maybe you should go work on that building that looks like it could use a little tlc

Opkqqy.jpg

Haha, yeah, it needs to come down. Future site of the "new" shop....someday...maybe

Old horse barn...selling realtor talked about how it could be rehabbed to use again🙄

Any rubbing with those tires and the 5660's? I ask because I just installed a set of 5660's on my GP and I have 235/60/16's and am wondering how that's going to work out. I had minor rubbing when the wheel was cut hard with the original diesel springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor