More Plain Old Ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A few years back, more than I want to remember a friend purchased a new chevy pick up with the smallest 6 cylinder they came with...when he brought it in for the first warranty check up the mechanics were looking at a pick up with a nicely dressed 454 with headers and duels....the service manager politely told my friend he had voided his warranty...lol

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i went to autozone to get front shocks for my regal(ended up not getting them there) anyway, the toothless guy behind the counter kept asking me stupid questions, and i already knew what the part #was. what kind of transmission is in it he would ask, i throw his stupid computer way off by saying a T56 six speed. then i said it was a rare factory option,and it cam with a turbo charges v8.
WHAT THE HE!! DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SHOCKS!!!

Wolf001

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
!!!!!!!!!!!

Three weeks with the oil light on, amazing!!!!!!!!!!! They should be a mechanic basic ( change tire, checking oil etc...) course on the driving licence school...

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
i had one person at autozone look at me in the face and ask who made the el camino. Another gave me the wrong bearings three times. Another time a guy made me pull the race off of my posi to get the "numbers because they are not on the computer" this was after answering every question about my car including if it was a posi. I gave him the death look and told him "you are kidding right?" two hours later and one broken bearing puller i got it off. I wanted to punch him in the face. he then tried to convince me i had a gov loc not an auburn. "really i never knew a gov-loc used clutch cones" he look scared b/c i called his bluff and he ordered what i wanted. I hate when they try to act like they know what you need.
My spark plug wires one time were worn and bought new ones. The new ones were bad so i told the pepboys to look at it b/c i thought maybe i screwed up the firing order. He told me it would be 75 bucks to hook it up the the computer. A 91 camaro has no OBDII port. I told him to repeat it to me and told him that was the most asinine thing i have ever heard in my life.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I went into pep boys for a filter kit for a 200c, looked up a 87 cutlass, ect... Only a th250 came up. After the guy arguing that I was wrong, it had to be a 250, I bought the kit, then brought it back with the trans pan that the gasket didn't line up to and had the stamping "METRIC 200" right in it. Looked it up for an 86, and I got what I needed.

Bought hoses for my cutlass at advance auto, girl asked "2 door or 4 door" I said "doesn't matter" She said smugly "well, it does". So i said "ok 2 door." She brings out the hoses and the top hose is about 8" long. So I tell her it's the wrong hose and tell her to look up the 4 door hose, she refused and told me "This must be the right one..." Well, I went back the next day and spoke to a guy I knew, he looked up a 4 door and got me what I needed.

I have so many more...

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
this isent as good as your guys storys about part stores and such, but i thought this was just ignorant typical tuner talk. I was on another forum i go on and it was a post your ride type thread, not a vehicle specicfic type thing just whatever your driving, and so i post some new pics of the 86 supreme and one of the first remarks i get back is " i hate those cars the front end makes it look like a snow plower" just typical ignorant tuner talk from the "vdub" guys, i think the pan scraping strected tire box on wheel looking vw scene rigth now is retarded but i keep my mouth shut but these tuner kids cant seem to.pisses me right offf lol

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
these are the type cars from the guys who hassle everyone elses rides, not ricer body kit fully but just old vdumb boxes on wheel with tires 3 sizes to small stectched to the max and scarping the pan, and dont forget the extreme camber they all must have.pointless in my eyes.

l_5f569ecabcfe473265a2dd0471dcca50.jpg

DSCF2567.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor